Gibson EH-125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson EH-125

I have a Gibson EH-125 here. Tube lineup is 6SJ7 6J5 6V6 6V6 5Y3.
    It looks pretty much untouched.

I'm aware that Gibson changed their schematics pretty frequently, and looking inside, the amp doesn't have anything particularly controversial about its design.
    It doesn't match the EH-125 schematic available on the net.

Anybody have anything?
    Last edited by Ted; 04-20-2018, 09:39 PM.

I don't know if ANY Gibson amp ever matched ANY schematic. IMHE it seems unlikely The good news is that this particular model doesn't use the tone voicing thingy component (usually just a T-filter blocked in a plastic case, but what circuit values?). So you have the option of working with the amp as it is, which is a good plan if it's a customers amp, or you can make it match an available schematic. In which case that amp could be the only one that DOES match a schematic.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      I don't know if ANY Gibson amp ever matched ANY schematic.
      I think I once did a mid-sixties Epiphone that matched it's schematic, but I have no recollection of any Gibson-built amp ever matching the drawing.

It's no big deal. A lot of people on this forum could have drawn the schematic from a picture of the front panel and the tube lineup.

Customer wants it left as close to original as poss. So thats what I'll do.

Comment

There you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	eh-125.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	849357

Comment

Working...
        X