Peavey CS800 banana binding post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey CS800 banana binding post

I have an email out to Peavey Parts but wanted to see if you guys have ever had to replace these and know where to find them aftermarket. They appear to be riveted to a rather long PCB mounted extension. Never seen one like this.

Originally posted by tdlunsfo View Post
    I have an email out to Peavey Parts but wanted to see if you guys have ever had to replace these and know where to find them aftermarket. They appear to be riveted to a rather long PCB mounted extension. Never seen one like this.
    Got a pic?

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Yes, a pic would help. There are different incarnations of the CS800.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Not sure how you would rivet a binding pot, but they used soldered in ones for years. Yours look like this?:

https://www.amazon.com/Binding-Post-.../dp/B00E1P3VH4

https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...eavey-pc-mount

That is just two sources, and I am sure Peavey has them as well. You have to CALL PV to place parts orders.

Really old CS series amps used the posts with the brass screw down the middle, it mounted through holes in the PCB or just wires, then a nut tightened the connection.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'm betting by rivet, he means the connection from the post to the part that solders to the PCB board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41jIXIkrUuL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	849409
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

That's it.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180425_211805-1328x747.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	849410

Comment

Feel like a big dummy now for not checking tubes and more. I was looking at digikey and Mouser I was having trouble finding the right search words. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Working...
              X