Behringer 980s wire placement or connections to the boards Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer 980s wire placement or connections to the boards Help

I had a 980s given to me a while back and recently opened it up to look at it. I took pix of the wire connections on the boards before removing them with my phone so when it came to putting it back together it would be a breeze...well the photos were erased somehow and now I'm kind of stuck. Would anyone on this forum have such photos or would be willing to open up their 980 and take a few pix and post for me. I sure would appreciate it...Thank-you

Hi, welcome.

What is a 980? Behringer models usually have letters.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Oh my...Sorry, the Amp is a PMP980s 10 channel PA...I have no left channel and I found a blown IRFP140 actually dead short...I replaced it and was going to put the system back together see if it works.
      Thank-you for your reply....

Comment

Ah, so LPA2400? Those MOSFETs are commutators for the high voltage rails.

We will assume you have the channel 1 blown for part numbers. If it is channel 2, just translate the numbers.

Your IRFP140 is T1, so I would immediately suspect output T3 and its driver T18. Also check any related resistors for opens.

I used to draw right on the metal work where all the wires went when I took these apart. I also drew paper maps. None remain.

I have had to figure those out, regardless of my plans. It usually boiled down to wiring the thermostats.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo. I did figure out where the wires attached I think fired it up the right channel worked but still no left channel...to easy to be true but it was worth a try. So I will have to dive a little deeper and see if I can find anything else open. The replacement 140 was still ok after the startup and cool so there must be some voltage missing in there so I will follow your recommendation and check out those components. Thanks again

Comment

Hello again..I ended up replacing the SAP16n and voila it came to life. I did however notice that the audio output is slightly lower and with a bit of distortion,not a lot just noticeable. There are no signs of anything burnt the resistors look and measure out ok the diodes check out ok in the circuit. Now here is my question...the SAP16p in the circuit is of another manufacturer the ones I bought were Chinese knock offs and I used the SAP16n. Should I have changed out the P to the same manufacturer? Any and all replies is appreciated thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WillTech View Post
              I had a 980s given to me a while back and recently opened it up to look at it. I took pix of the wire connections on the boards before removing them with my phone so when it came to putting it back together it would be a breeze...well the photos were erased somehow and now I'm kind of stuck. Would anyone on this forum have such photos or would be willing to open up their 980 and take a few pix and post for me. I sure would appreciate it...Thank-you
              Over here the same problem, all the cables are disconnected (the amp is from the neighbour).

Do you have photo's off the inside so i can see and replace the wiring cables??
              I would be so happy to help this men, so he can do his music thing...........

Hope to hear from you!
              Kind Regards,
              Rene
              The Netherlands

Comment

Working...
              X