X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jbl eon 518s. Smps, autosense pcb

Good-day
    Could someone please assist me.
    I have a Jbl Eon 518s with a blown smps circuit, it blew out c36, c6 and c8. Which I have replaced. I have measured Q1 and Q2 mosfets which are fine. Problem is, the autosense board is not clicking in the relay. Which leaves me to believe theres still a fault with the smps circuit.

For testing purposes I've bypassed the relay k1 to do a voltage check on the power supply. What I've noticed is that the mains capacitors C6 and c8 begin to warm up which leaves me to believe theres some other fault.

Could the isolation transformer T1 be faulty?

Regards..
    Michael

To begin with, there must be some reason for C6/8 warming up.
    I suspect some mains related problem but SINCE YOU DO NOT TELL US WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN WE CANīT GO ON.
    The "Country" field in the Member data page is there for a reason, we get questions from all over the World, and it DOES affect answers.

You must also search and post the schematic, otherwise 98% of members do not have the slightest idea of what those part numbers mentioned mean.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I don't know this particular schem, but if those caps are electrolytics then it sounds like you have shorted diodes too somewhere in there. Caps warm up when the electrolyte is reverse polarized.
      Valvulados

Comment

Working...
      X