Takamine 'NEX' size: closest match.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takamine 'NEX' size: closest match.

Hi- have Takamine cheapo G220s NEX/ 'nex' size: this is what tak calls the shape, a smaller jumbo, approximately- but its not a mini, parlour, or small size body size.. its just a little off a dreadnought really.

This is the -perfect- size for me, but 'nex' means nothing. What I'm after ideally, is a Taylor with this shape. I have a Big Baby & it aint this: this is a smaller dreadnought body (& a bolt-on full size neck) & tho smaller its far less comfortable than the tak: sounds pretty good indeed but I hate a dreadnought shape even scaled down, it just slips fwd off my lap.

Anyone know what the closest standard terminology ie like 'concert, grand etc' is to this 'NEX'?

Measure your Tak and then go to the Taylor site. They include dimensions for body length, width and depth but don't cover "upper bout" "lower bout" or "waist" specifically. Still, if you know your guitars shape and size you can probably work with the dimensions Taylor does give along with the physical appearance of the guitars to know if the waist and bouts will be comfortable for you.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Ah ok nice one- didn't know about this, will do. sounds ideal..

Comment

Seems like the only one close, bar the wee bit smaller (this would be absolutely ideal) but annoyingly shorter scale Grand Concert.. is the Grand Auditorium. Then my choice is limited to one, the 314, due to cost (even used). Still a good start. I haven't played a shorter scale 24-7/8" acoustic so can't really go for one of these w'out buying totally blind.
        Tak know a thing or two over Taylor with a cheapo china-made gtr with this NEX shape IMO then.. it even has a tapered front area so its about D 1/2" less @ under 4" deep here than the main body, just where you need it to be for comfort.

Comment

They're actually as nice as you can get for the $$$. I got a young student into one for about US $200 used. The idea being that the guitar isn't so large as to make him uncomfortable, not so small as to detriment decent tone and will still be a viable guitar when he grows into it.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

what the 314?

Comment

Oh, I don't know now. It was years ago and we just went to the guitar store and found him an instrument he liked in his budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                They're actually as nice as you can get for the $$$. I got a young student into one for about US $200 used. The idea being that the guitar isn't so large as to make him uncomfortable, not so small as to detriment decent tone and will still be a viable guitar when he grows into it.
                what gtr are you referring to here-? (was my point)

Comment

Working...
                X