More questions regarding pdalboard power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More questions regarding pdalboard power

I finally came to wire up the single wall wart so that all 3 pedals will have a cap and resistor to create it's own isolated supply node just like a tube amp. So resistor in series with + to the plug and a cap from +at plug to negative. This has eliminated all noise issues. But having no idea what values to use i first tried a resistor that was too high then lowered them to 1.5k and the caps i used were 100uf because that's what i had handy. I have only done this to 2 pedals because the third i returned for another. But i will do the same when that arrives.

So the questions are first and foremost is what values would you recommend for the cap and R. Also, do you foresee any issues not just running like this with a PSU, but also with a battery? Because when i play out i plug a battery into the power jack that supplies all pedals. (using a little 9v clip to power plug adapter) It worked fine in the past but i'm wondering if this would cause any extra drain or any other issue.

Originally posted by daz View Post
    I finally came to wire up the single wall wart so that all 3 pedals will have a cap and resistor to create it's own isolated supply node just like a tube amp. So resistor in series with + to the plug and a cap from +at plug to negative. This has eliminated all noise issues. But having no idea what values to use i first tried a resistor that was too high then lowered them to 1.5k and the caps i used were 100uf because that's what i had handy. I have only done this to 2 pedals because the third i returned for another. But i will do the same when that arrives.

So the questions are first and foremost is what values would you recommend for the cap and R. Also, do you foresee any issues not just running like this with a PSU, but also with a battery? Because when i play out i plug a battery into the power jack that supplies all pedals. (using a little 9v clip to power plug adapter) It worked fine in the past but i'm wondering if this would cause any extra drain or any other issue.
    We need the specs on the wallwort. Is it a D.C. Wallwort? If you want real isolation you need a series diode, but that will reduce your available voltage by .6v. For extra filtering I would use something large , 1000 to 4700uf. Honestly have you tried/considered a OneSpot? They work great imho.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
      We need the specs on the wallwort. Is it a D.C. Wallwort? If you want real isolation you need a series diode, but that will reduce your available voltage by .6v. For extra filtering I would use something large , 1000 to 4700uf. Honestly have you tried/considered a OneSpot? They work great imho.
      it's a 9vdc/300ma roland, but I got tired of waiting so i already wired it all up. I ended up using 1k/100uf-16v and it's as quiet as a battery so unless someone gives me a reason it's not a good idea i'm leaving it. I did have a 1 spot but at some point i wasn't using it so i gave it to a friend who needed one. This boss works fine tho so i'm good.

Comment

Working...
      X