Combining preamp stage with output stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining preamp stage with output stage

Is there anything more involved in joining two stages from different amps than just taking the output to the input?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Preamp.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	873616 Click image for larger version

Name:	output.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	873617

That looks ok. I didn't inspect the whole schematic, but at a quick review the coupling and the gain levels seem alright to me.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by E biddy View Post
      Is there anything more involved in joining two stages from different amps than just taking the output to the input?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]48830[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]48831[/ATTACH]
      Well, I suppose you would consider that your source impedance and load impedance create a voltage divider. But, with a very large input impedance, (which the input grids usually are -) you're usually fine. But, in reality, you may need/want to attenuate the driving signal anyway. This is an easy issue to solve. It's an amplifier, you'll either like the way it sounds or you wont.
      If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
      X