Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn T50c feeding back without a guitar plugged in

Hello, all. First time caller here.

I'm trying to sell this amp but the high gain side seems to be having some issues. It's super noisy and will feedback by itself. I shot a quick video. Any ideas on how to cut this noise down to reasonable levels and eliminate the feedback???

https://youtu.be/IA3JuqfrQek

Does it feedback like that when a guitar is plugged into the amp? That question needs to be answered first. Perhaps it is a very microphonic preamp tube or something but really could be many things going on there.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Agre and add:
      1) plug your guitar there but set all guitar controls (volume and tone) to zero ... any change?

2) still like in (1) , leave your guitar on something soft (a couch or something) , reach the amp back and with a chopstick or BIC plastic pen lightly tap the chassis, and then all tubes, specially the first preamp one ... I bet you will clearly hearing tapping through the speaker and thatīs why DrGonz mentioned a possible microphonic tube.

Have you had this amp for long or just bought it?
      Or recently swapped tubes?
      Because microphonism just does not appear by itself out of the blue, it must have been present before and you should have noticed ... unless you never used the high gain channel and relied on pedals in the clean channel.

This amp does have quite high gain so it shows all problems easily.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X