Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antigua View Post
    These read like non sequiturs.
    There is a simple cure: Close your Browser and do not read it, if you don't like it.

Miller Effect is the A - of the EE ABC. If you are not aware of it, i cannot help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpipe View Post
      Mike: You cannot apply wiki-description here. You don't send current through the coil and observe inductance or the field. It is the other way around. This is no Transformer. And Still: I don't get your picture-.
      The magnetic field from the vibrating magnetized string induces a voltage in series with the coil. Current flows because of the load, including the pickup self capacitance as part of the load. When current flows, the inductance of the coil tends to reduce temporal changes in the current just like any other inductor.

Comment

Residual Flux?

You mean total flux? Or what? I don't get it.

As i see it:

A static magnetic field is put into motion (changing magnetic field) by the string. That is exactly what you said, what i said. Where is current in this picture (assuming lossless load)
        In order for the static magnetic field to be put into motion, the magnet itself would have to start moving around. Since that obviously doesn't happen, it's easy to rule out your mental model.

If you're a coil, and you're waiting around for magnetic change to happen, you will see most of that change come from the guitar string, as it moves around. The amount of magnetic in the pole pieces will be a function of the permeability of the metal. So for example, if the core was a ceramic magnet, it might have a high Br, but it has almost no permeability at all, so you, the coil, would exclusively see magnetic change from the guitar string, and non from the ceramic core.

Comment

Miller Effect is the A - of the EE ABC. If you are not aware of it, i cannot help you.
          This is just a red herring. You're saying intrinsic capacitance with the volume turned down is irrelevant because of Miller effect, but you're not going into any detail at all as to why.

Comment

Last edited by Bagpipe; 05-21-2018, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antigua View Post
              This is just a red herring. You're saying intrinsic capacitance with the volume turned down is irrelevant because of Miller effect, but you're not going into any detail at all as to why.
              I went into detail. Read my words.

Comment

I went into detail. Read my words.
                I double checked; no detail.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Lets say, i can follow you. Lets say, i do not speak of magnetized strings, but of strings made of permeable material. Yes: Assuming a load causes current to flow - sure. And when current flows, inductor action takes place. Clear.

Now, where exactly does a split bobbin reduce inductance? Given, that all other parameters such as magnet and turns are equal?

Sorry: I don't want to bother you, even if it seems that way - i REALLY do not want to bother you. I just have an understanding problem?

Turn the question around: "Have YOU ever experimented with split bobbins, equal number of turns and according measurements?"

I have to admit, that my knowledge about this is theoretical.
                      I did not say it reduces inductance; I said I do not know if it changes it significantly, or which way if it does. The reason for a change, if any, is that in going to a split coil you are at least to some extent changing how much flux generated by current in any turn passes through all the other turns. It is clear that you do not understand how an inductor works, and so you need to study some physics and electronics.

If a string is made of permeable material, then it becomes magnetized when placed in a static magnetic field. (While it is in the field)
                      Last edited by Mike Sulzer; 05-20-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Bagpipe; 05-21-2018, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Then check again.

I talked about your Volume Pot. This as a small hint.
                          I'm calling it; there's nothing to this.

Comment

Comment

With "moving" i meant: "Flux in Motion" not spinning magnets, my friend. And: Regarding your thesis about Ferrites having almost no permeability: I simply forget it as fast as i read it. Sorry... This is too far out for me. I cannot answer this.
                              Who said anything about "spinning" magnets? I'll admit, I don't know all there is to know about electrical theory, but I think it's time you admit the same, you're presuming you understand the issues at hand more than you really do.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X