Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa boogie Triple Rectifier tube socket 1 and 6 make tubes arc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa boogie Triple Rectifier tube socket 1 and 6 make tubes arc.

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a second hand Triple Rectifier (multi-watt model). Yesterday I was fiddling with the fx loop and mistaken the send/return socket several times. I heard a lot of noise from the amp and then corrected the connection.

Soon after when I started playing, I found out that my sound suddenly becomes dull. I thought there's a problem and looked into the mesa boogie trouble shooting video. It says that you can test power amp problem by flipping the on/ standby switch; any tube that arcs is bad.

I did so and found out that both tube 1 and 6 will arc (really bright blue light). I thought it was the tubes that gone bad.

Today I put new tubes into socket 1 and 6 and found out that ANY tube going to socket 1 and 6 will arc. Not only so, the tubes will become very hot in just one minute, while tubes 2345 are still warming up.

Is there a problem? I consulted with local repairman and they say arcing is normal, I got very confused. They have no experience with triple rectifier maybe.

So I'm posting here to see if anyone can help me identify the problem.

Thanks!

Jing

Blue light is not arcing. Some tubes glow more blue than others. I believe it's related to the vacuum and how much oxygen is in the tube. Is the amp working? Then I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
    X