Help with peavey xxx switching problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with peavey xxx switching problem

Hello, first I will apologize for my bad English and grammar skills, its not my native language.

My peavey xxx has a problem, when I switch to the crunch channel the lead channel comes on too, no relay click, ultra and clean seems to work fine. I'm switching with the front panel switch.

I replaced the k3 relay with a 12 volt relay ( different type I couldn't find the same relay in my country ) I replaced Q7 Q8 Q10 Q11 transistors.

I also dissembled the toggle switch and* cleaned the inside contacts, I removed the ribbon cables and soldered regular wires because they were loose.

It will switch to crunch and the relay will click only if I touch the legs of Q7 transistor together ( collector and base )

Here is a video :

https://youtu.be/plLP_kOoduE

Is this something I can fix on my own? Or should I give up and use it as a 2 channel amp because the are no techs in my country.

Also my clean channel is way louder than the other channels, To get a good balance I set the clean volume just below 9 o'clock and my ultra channel volume about 2 o'clock, is this normal for this amp? Or is it faulty? Can I add some kind of resistor to the clean volume pot?

And I should mention that I'm no technician, I get my simple knowledge from youtube.

Sorry for the long post.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you
Working...
X