Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splawn Nitro white noise coming out of standby then....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn Nitro white noise coming out of standby then....

....it’s playable with the gain below 5. Turn the gain past 5 and it squeals. Even without a guitar plugged in. The tubes are brand new and I did a quick test on my tube tester just to make sure I didn’t get a dud. I probed around and everything checks out. I’m thinking that I have a leaky electrolytic somewhere but IDK. Help please!

Any component can fail at any time, especially tubes, whose manufacture / sale has been an unregulated wild west for decades.
    Tube testers are generally pointless, they may reveal a tube that is a complete fail but pass a tube that is noisy / microphonic / low gain.
    You likely have a bad tube.
    It’s a good idea to buy from a vendor who tests and burns their tubes in, checks for noise, microphonics and gain, and provides a warranty.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

They came fron Dougs

Comment

Sounds like positive feedback.

Any chance that the OT primary leads got swapped?

Comment

Plug the guitar directly in the fx return jack,if it doesn't squeal its the preamp,probably a microphonic tube,a bad lead dress or a bad electrolytic cap.

Comment

having just put new tubes in the preamp likely more gain from the new tubes are "too much gain" they do a lot of lower gain 12ax7s in lots of those custom high gainers. might try going back to older ones in places like gain stages.

Comment

Working...
            X