furman spb-8c Pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• furman spb-8c Pedalboard

Anyone know if I can bump up the ma current for each dc output? I can’t power up a few pedals correctly. I can’t find a schematic so that is probably the best place to start.

I just worked on one of those a week or so ago. Each supply is derived from it's own winding of a toroidal transformer. My worry would be that if you tried to draw too much current from a supply, the transformer may give up the ghost. Each supply is rated at 100mA. I'm curious. What pedals do you have that need more than 100mA?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

It’s stuff like my electro harmonix memory boy. It makes the modulation real bad. If I run a separate supply, it’s happy. I’ve also run across some verb pedals get grainy or eventually just stop making sound.

Comment

I looked up the spec on the memory boy and it says 45ma but I promise its weird without a separate power supply ( one spot)

Comment

It's odd. The Furman (according to the user manual) is capable of 100mA and, if the spec on the Memory Boy is 45, there shouldn't be current issues. Maybe the filtering is not good enough on the Furman? If it's a current issue, I'd expect the voltage to drop when the pedal is running. Have you measured it? If not, I'd start there. If the voltage drops below what the pedal needs, there could be issues. If the voltage doesn't drop below the 9-9.6 or whatever it's looking for, I'd suspect a filtering problem. You may need to add a filter cap either to the output(s) of the Furman or inside the Memory Boy to clean up the power.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

What do you think, 10uf should be enough? cant hurt to put one on right.

Comment

Working...
            X