Vox Night Train 15 NT15C1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Night Train 15 NT15C1

This is an eight knob version with (digital?) reverb, an effects loop, and three switches. The iron date codes are from 2014. The package is a combo with traditional Vox grille cloth. It has three 12ax7 and two el-84s.

The main board has the following silkscreen label: PCB_NT15HG2_1001_ISS3b

Direct contact with Vox is a no-go...something about authorized service centers....sigh

What's the problem with your amp? I have a schematic for the NT15, but not for the combo version which has the built-in reverb. I also don't know what the other differences between the two versions are, so I'm not sure if it'll give you what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by camjenkins View Post
      What's the problem with your amp? I have a schematic for the NT15, but not for the combo version which has the built-in reverb. I also don't know what the other differences between the two versions are, so I'm not sure if it'll give you what you need.
      First off, it's a completely different printed circuit board. It's got a nasty hum problem and a) I'm not in a big hurry, b) I'd like to look at it with a scope before unscrewing everything. As far as I can see, if I take it apart, I can't run it without a great deal of effort.

No black spots unfortunately.

Comment

I realized that the PCB's were completely different after I sent my reply. The bad hum is probably related to power supply filtering or perhaps to the artificial center taps on the heater supply. Whatever the problem is, I wish you the best of luck, and curse Korg/Vox for their schematic policy.

Comment

Here is the schematic:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...1&d=1528923894
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. I searched and did not find it here...doing something wrong clearly.

Comment

Vox NT15C1

http://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/NT15C1_Smanual.pdf
              It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
              X