Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent the OUT of my standalone guitar preamp into the SEND of guitar amp

Hello,
    I by mistake sent the OUT of my standalone guitar preamp into the SEND of my Egnater Tweaker.As a result (as I presume) , now the Tweaker's preamp section doesn't respond when I go direct into the amp's INPUT, i.e. no sound at all. Power amp section is functional (in conjunction with the said external preamp ), though. Preamp tubes seem yo be OK as well. Was that a serious damage done and what can be done?
    Thank you.

which model?
    if its a 15 there shouldn't be a problem,maybe in the 40,that uses opamps in the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by alexradium View Post
      which model?
      if its a 15 there shouldn't be a problem,maybe in the 40,that uses opamps in the loop.
      Thanks for your fast response,
      My Tweaker is a 15 watt version.

Comment

Thanx for your fast reply. It's a 15 watt version.

Comment

That in itself should have caused no harm.

Schematic: Tweaker_15 FX Jacks.pdf

More likely that one of the jacks is funky.
          You could try to prove the jacks by running a patch cord from the Tweaker Fx Send to the Return.
          See if that restores the amp.

Comment

Weird.
            Send Jack, J1, does NOT have any (connected) leaf switch whatsoever and even if you physically remove it by cutting the lead or track leading to it, nothing happens to the main signal path.
            The one which does have a leaf switch connected so as to interrupt the Audio path is the return one, but OP says he did not use it .... WTF?
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Possibly a ground loop blew a ground trace?
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg View Post
                Hello,
                I by mistake sent the OUT of my standalone guitar preamp into the SEND of my Egnater Tweaker.As a result (as I presume) , now the Tweaker's preamp section doesn't respond when I go direct into the amp's INPUT, i.e. no sound at all. Power amp section is functional (in conjunction with the said external preamp ), though. Preamp tubes seem yo be OK as well. Was that a serious damage done and what can be done?
                Thank you.
                You or somebody sould post the full schematic of that ampñifier; just the jacks is not enough, we know nothing about electronics connected to them.

And Egnaters are usually complex amps.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I did just as proposed (i.e. inserted a jumper betw. i and o , and voila -it works even after I put the jumper out! I hope it will last, though I don't quite understand what was wrong and how this put it right.Anyway , thanks God it works and i thank you all, lads, for your kind help! God bless you!

Comment

I can post schem. for the 15 or the 40, if he will confirm which model it is.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

What kind of preamp is it? Is its power supply isolated from the Egnater or do you have common chassis grounding?

If you don't have grounding and they're both fully isolated then you may have accidentally fed some unpredictable reverse voltage to the opamp/jfet or whatever kind of buffer it uses.

If it's a series loop, then shorting this buffer would interrupt the signal path to the power amp and would present the symptom you describe.
                      Valvulados

Comment

Working...
                      X