Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aha. Didn't sound like a fault.

Some minor mods for a bit more gain in Fenders -

Pull the preamp tube for the channel you're not using.

Disconnect the reverb, if you can do without it, at the points om the board where it's taken out and fed back in, and replace with a wire the conjunctive filter that goes between these points, 3M3 + 10pf or whatever.

Alternatively, it is possible to steal some amplified signal from the reverb driver plates via a coupling cap and feed it back in later in the circuit (check the phase orientation). Fender did this on some later models and it sounded harsh but there may be a way of sweetening it.

A 12" speaker recommendation: the Eminence Delta Pro 12 is some kind of remake of the old Electrovoice cast frame guitar speakers. It's not a 'speaker breakup' type of speaker that everyone goes on about these days (personally I disapprove of those), but it's got clear highs and loads of tight clear bass. I think it sounds excellent in classic Fenders. The bass in particular is very powerful and kind of physical - you feel it in your chest. This is because of the solid frame construction I think, and the big magnet.
    Last edited by Alex R; 11-10-2007, 12:22 PM. Reason: got it wrong!

Comment

Working...
    X