Flatwork Template Files for CNC/Laser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatwork Template Files for CNC/Laser

I now have access to a laser cutter. I'm looking for some templates in whatever available format to use. Anyone have any they'd care to share or are these community files anywhere on the forum?

Thanks!

What type of file? dxf, cds,......?
    Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

I'd take whatever is available.

Comment

they are not very difficult to make with a program like Fusion 360. You’ll probably need to do adjustments on the files you get anyway depending on how your machine is calibrated, magnet diameter, slight hole spacing variations from your covers and to set the boundry of the blank sheets you’re using.

Comment

Jason ( Lollar ) turned me on, well all of us via this forum, to DeltaCad software years ago. It's perfect for this type of work. Exports to dxf, dwg and different versions of those. I highly recommend it. Short learning curve. Very powerful inexpensive program.
          Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
            they are not very difficult to make with a program like Fusion 360. You’ll probably need to do adjustments on the files you get anyway depending on how your machine is calibrated, magnet diameter, slight hole spacing variations from your covers and to set the boundry of the blank sheets you’re using.
            This is very much all new to me and I expect a steep learning curve. It's a community laser with 4 specific programs available so I will have to figure out how to convert whatever I get to those and go from there.

Comment

They are not always so easy as you would like . Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4959.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	608.9 KB
ID:	850077
              & Yes I am 28' tall
              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                They are not always so easy as you would like . [ATTACH=CONFIG]49630[/ATTACH]
                & Yes I am 28' tall
                It's certainly not turning out to be easy. You don't want to share your files?

Comment

Originally posted by jrdamien View Post
                  It's certainly not turning out to be easy. You don't want to share your files?
                  I would recommend getting into something like Fusion 360 as it seems you are looking to build up an inventory of numerous different flatwork templates. After a few hours of tutorials on something like Fusion 360 you will be able to create any flatwork template you want. You will be able to use kerf and squeeze factor (how tight you want the magnets in the flatwork) that work for the machine you have access to, size of eyelet holes, etc., etc., etc. If you do the layout for your flatwork it will be built to the precise specifications you like to work with, not to someone else's preferences. As a bonus for your investment in time, you will be able to design assembly jigs, etc., that are dead nuts accurate as well. The better question is to ask which software do winders here recommend for flatwork template creation.
                  Take Care,

Jim. . .
                  VA3DEF

Comment

Originally posted by kayakerca View Post
                    I would recommend getting into something like Fusion 360 as it seems you are looking to build up an inventory of numerous different flatwork templates. After a few hours of tutorials on something like Fusion 360 you will be able to create any flatwork template you want. You will be able to use kerf and squeeze factor (how tight you want the magnets in the flatwork) that work for the machine you have access to, size of eyelet holes, etc., etc., etc. If you do the layout for your flatwork it will be built to the precise specifications you like to work with, not to someone else's preferences. As a bonus for your investment in time, you will be able to design assembly jigs, etc., that are dead nuts accurate as well. The better question is to ask which software do winders here recommend for flatwork template creation.
                    I agree with this somewhat, but tele and strat flatwork is fairly ubiquitous with the exception of branding and coil wire slotting. It's obviously a LOT easier to figure something like this out with an example that can be built upon and tweaked than starting from scratch.

It seems like the consensus, so far, is Deltacad.
                    Last edited by jrdamien; 07-06-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrdamien View Post
                      It seems like the consensus, so far, is Deltacad.
                      That's what I would try first then. No wrong choices on CAD/CAM. Look at a few and find one that you like and that is within your budget.
                      Last edited by kayakerca; 07-06-2018, 09:50 PM.
                      Take Care,

Jim. . .
                      VA3DEF

Comment

Working...
                      X