Spray paint can shaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
    jet fuel is refined Kerosene (Petrol in UK)
    Kerosene is called Paraffin in the UK. Petrol is gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
      Kerosene is called Paraffin in the UK. Petrol is gasoline.
      In the US parrafin is a wax, but is defined as both.

nosaj
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraffin
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

To the Brits, kerosene is paraffin. To us paraffin is wax. What do Brits call that wax?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          To the Brits, kerosene is paraffin. To us paraffin is wax. What do Brits call that wax?
          They probably say that's none of your beeswax.

nosaj

Comment

I think it's called paraffin wax.

Comment

Sorry, it was a mind fart.
              Of course I know Petrol is Gasoline, if I didnīt it would be hammered in anyway by constant references to "Petrol filling stations", "Petrol engines" and such, which all mean "Gasoline".

FWIW here in Argentina if you say "Gasolina" they will understand you, but everyday word is "Nafta" .
              And "Parafina" is a mineral wax, translucid cooking paper is called "Papel parafinado" . Oh well.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Sorry, it was a mind fart.
                Of course I know Petrol is Gasoline, if I didnīt it would be hammered in anyway by constant references to "Petrol filling stations", "Petrol engines" and such, which all mean "Gasoline".

FWIW here in Argentina if you say "Gasolina" they will understand you, but everyday word is "Nafta" .
                And "Parafina" is a mineral wax, translucid cooking paper is called "Papel parafinado" . Oh well.
                Nafta = North American Free Trade Agreement here in the states.
                nosaj

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                  Nafta = North American Free Trade Agreement here in the states.
                  nosaj
                  Oh, I hoped you would notice itīs the exact same word as "Naphtha", of course with the local spelling .
                  Specially since we are talking flammable solvents.
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Oh, I hoped you would notice itīs the exact same word as "Naphtha", of course with the local spelling .
                    Specially since we are talking flammable solvents.
                    Here in Fl we call Naptha lighter fluid, same smell as the lighter fluid they load Zippos up with.

I knew what you were talking about just running with the thread and the different variations of words from different parts of the world. It's rather interesting to me.

nosaj

Comment

I LOVE the way all our guys contribute to the differences in our little world. A buddy in OZ is ALWAYS making fun of me with the things I say! Mike.

Comment

Well, the guys in OZ have to spend their lives upside down, so we cut them some slack...

Bad enough the electrons in their circuits move the other direction.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey!!! Oz is proper side up!!!!
                          Itīs you Northies who are feet up.

Letīs advance with Technology beyond what Columbus would have used, this is a modern map which corrects the 3 main problems in old style ones:

MOST important correction is that Countries are drawn showing their real area/surface ... which old style (Mercator projection) distorts horribly,
                          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

No, it is simply that Russia and Canadia have been crushed under the weight of the rest of the world above them.

Comment

Amazing the twists and turns a thread can take....

Not complaining... rather enjoying the discussion.
                              If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
                              I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

No, it is simply that Russia and Canadia have been crushed under the weight of the rest of the world above them.
                                You mean that flat part is not the edge I've been told of?
                                Originally posted by Enzo
                                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                                X