Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laney VC15 - In need of sharper and clearer pdf copy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VC15-110 (2009) schematics

VC15-110 (2009).pdf

ahseng thank you veru much for schematics
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Hi abseng, would you have the -pre- 2009 schematic for the spring reverb VC15? like you I can only find fuzzy www ones.

Cracking amp this- never thought I'd have a laney/ being a fender amp nut. but works a treat with my single coil tele & strat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
        Hi abseng, would you have the -pre- 2009 schematic for the spring reverb VC15? like you I can only find fuzzy www ones.

Cracking amp this- never thought I'd have a laney/ being a fender amp nut. but works a treat with my single coil tele & strat.
        I'm afraid I don't sir. Have you tried emailing laney? They were responsive when this was.

Comment

Laney VC15-110

https://music-electronics-forum.com/showthread.php?t=41075&p=537099&viewfull=1#post537099
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Thanks alot. weird but I can't find the reverb circuit within it.. is it to do with the optional (maybe later version) pcb area, at the top of the schematic? I'm trying to see if any 1/2 of the preamp tubes are part of the reverb circuit- wishfully thinking maybe-?

Comment

I can't find the reverb circuit within it.. is it to do with the optional (maybe later version) pcb area, at the top of the schematic?
              Schematics position Up 7 & 8 / Right B

For reverb used IC U2A/B (TL072) and U3A (TL072)
              Reverb connectors SK4 / SK5
              Reverb pot VR7 (220KA)
              It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
                Schematics position Up 7 & 8 / Right B

For reverb used IC U2A/B (TL072) and U3A (TL072)
                Reverb connectors SK4 / SK5
                Reverb pot VR7 (220KA)
                Got it- thanks vintagekiki! so these chips TL072 are instead of a nice tube-driven reverb, yes? or is any part of the reverb circuit using tube?

Comment

When forming a sound for reverb, unimportant if the reverb passes from a tube or solid state because the sound goes through mechanical (spring) delay lines.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	VC15 rev.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	854589
                  It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
                    When forming a sound for reverb, unimportant if the reverb passes from a tube or solid state because the sound goes through mechanical (spring) delay lines.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54794[/ATTACH]
                    But aren't tube reverbs meant to sound better tho? thinking along fender avenue, PR, TR etc.. I'm sure part of that lovely sound is due to tubes having some say in the matter.

Comment

What did your ears tell you Chief? I don't remember you saying the reverb sounded crap.
                      All else is placebo.
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                        What did your ears tell you Chief? I don't remember you saying the reverb sounded crap.
                        All else is placebo.
                        Good question yes, understood G1.

I think it does sound a little bit crappy.

Comment

But aren't tube reverbs meant to sound better tho? thinking along fender avenue, PR, TR etc.. I'm sure part of that lovely sound is due to tubes having some say in the matter.
                          Well, thatīs a somewhat simplistic point of view.

Tubes by themselves donīt do "magic" automatically.

They do have some weird quirks which we happen to love, but we must exploit them.

Just "going through a tube", at low signal levels so it behaves, clean and flat, "does nothing" to sound.

Now if you use a Tube power amp things change, doubly so if you overdrive it, but you need to reach that point.

Op Amps driving reverb tanks are fine and popuklar in MANY all tube signal path amps, including modern Fender and many others ... and Laney of course

One point in favour of old style Fender reverb is that they drove it HARD; that transformer coupled 12AT7 easily put out at least 1W RMS, maybe up to 2 W, and SLAMS those springs.

But you would need to add the full Reverb circuit: 2 double triodes, transformer, etc. if you want that improvement, just adding a triode here or there is not enough.

But again, Op Amp reverbs sound quite good.

Here Laney walked the extra mile and used two Op Amps in parallel to drive that tank, not bad at all.
                          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

If you say so, then so be it.

Meditation Topic.
                            If you convert the wave signal to mp3 and then transfer the resulting mp3 back to wave, what will be the quality of the signal in the end?

The same story applies when a clean signal is passed through digital devices (phaser, chorus, flanger, delay) or through mechanical delay devices.
                            Question
                            What is left of a clean signal at the output of a digital or mechanical device?
                            Last edited by vintagekiki; 08-19-2019, 09:18 PM.
                            It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                            X