Delay Pedal setting suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay Pedal setting suggestions

Does anyone have any delay pedal suggestions for sort of Post Punk stuff ?

Weird bot-ish question.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Vaguely expecting an "answer" by somebody saying "I got WONDERFUL results from my abcxyz brand Pedal, best I have ever seen. Check it!!! 80% off at abcxyz.com. Tell them Chris sent you" or similar stuff.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I usually set mine on the floor right in front of where I'll be playing.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          Weird bot-ish question.
          I thought that name looked familiar.
          I think he may have just forgot his former username & password. Same 'real' name in profile too. No actual 'payload' was ever delivered though:
          http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...ad.php?t=46075
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            I usually set mine on the floor right in front of where I'll be playing.
            I dunno. I've toyed with the idea of attaching one to a mic stand so I can reach over and twist the delay knob just so, get that "whiiiiiirrr-shhhhhh-glub-glub-glub-glub" thing going on. Not sure if that's the 'post-punk' or the 'post-mushroom' style though.
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Oh I loved to play with the Echoplex head while it was in use. Got some serious sound twisting.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I await a reasonable definition/clarification of "post-punk" before offering any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
                  I await a reasonable definition/clarification of "post-punk" before offering any suggestions.
                  Well, there is a Jamie Churchley Musician on You Tube ... and music sounds quite Punkish to my ears so it might very well fit that label.

in that case, Jamie, sorry for having mistrusted your first post, we have been burnt by Spam Bots quite a few time and sadly they mimic real Usars to get in.

FWIW I do like Punk Rock and affiliated denominations
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

FWIW I do like Punk Rock and affiliated denominations
                    Well I do to! And those guys have a cool sound, BUT I'm not detecting any delay pedal in there

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                      Well I do to! And those guys have a cool sound, BUT I'm not detecting any delay pedal in there
                      Well, thatīs the point, isnīt it?
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Well, thatīs the point, isnīt it?
                        My favorite quote from a punk/ska friend in high school, when asked "why don't you owns a delay pedal?" He said, "why would I need a delay pedal? I just hit the stupid string twice. There, free delay pedal."
                        Punk at its finest...

Justin
                        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Not exactly post-punk but I always liked how Albert Lee set his delay to 150% of the beat to get some really cool double guitar effects on "Country Boy"...

Steve A.

Watch "The most famous and simple guitar delay trick explained." on YouTube

https://youtu.be/W8kC97wxK5g
                          Last edited by Steve A.; 08-04-2018, 01:17 AM.
                          The Blue Guitar
                          www.blueguitar.org
                          Some recordings:
                          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Delay for punk rock? Sounds easy. I can recommend something non expensive which You can achieve nice, light slapback. These should do the work
                            https://musicsquare.co.uk/159230_Joy...ar-effect.html
                            https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ith-modulation

Comment

Sweet! Spam responding to spam

Comment

Working...
                              X