No announcement yet.

directional cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see your still around Stan. Hope all is going well.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Stan! Good to see you back! I was getting worried... hope everything's OK.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Hi Stan...

yes, I knew it was a joke when I first posted, I was being facetious.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Welcome back Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
            Welcome back Stan
            Another serious study.
            Drastically expands the field of "knowledges" of true audiophiles:
            https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels...io_wire_cable/
            Last edited by doctor; 08-25-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
              Another serious study.
              Drastically expands the field of "knowledges" of true audiophiles:
              https://www.prosoundweb.com/channel....e_cable
              Link doesn't work. "Page not found"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                Link doesn't work. "Page not found"
                Thanks.
                I repaired the link.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
                  Thanks.
                  I repaired the link.
                  Thanks doctor! Very entertaining. I've seen some of these principles promoted & discussed on Audio Asylum and other hifi sites. No mention of "magic rocks" or cable lifters though. Maybe in a future article. Gotta keep up with the latest technology.

Comment

Context.

There are two kinds of Santa Claus. One is a guy who works at the mall at Xmas, the other is a magical elf who comes down your chimney.

There are shielded cables with grounds at one end and optimal shielding. Then there are cord with aligned molecule single grain copper conductors where electrons travel more easily against the grain.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      aligned molecule single grain copper conductors where electrons travel more easily against the grain.
                      Don't forget, besides those features, copper has to be five nines pure and oxygen free, because that's important. Electrons don't like to travel in anything less than super-refined conditions, and oxygen will kill them. At least, that's what they say. Whoever they are...

Monster Cable is another fun subject. "Goldilocks" cable! Fat conductors for low frequencies, thin conductors for high frequencies, and medium diameter just right for midrange.

More amusements to be found in Audio Asylum's "Cables" discussion board. Don't mention double blind testing, no no no !!!

Comment

Adjustable diameter cables for fuller frequency response. MAde from linear weave copper fabric, the cable expands and contracts with the signal for maximum fidelity.

Oh yeah, throw soundstaging in there as well, plus graininess of the midrange.

Comment

You should always bring your frequencies to room temperature before mixing to avoid graininess. Oh, wait... That's INGREDIENTS as it applies to cake batter. I always get those confused. Do they have a baking sub forum at Audio Asylum?
                          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Eggs-ackly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                              You should always bring your frequencies to room temperature before mixing to avoid graininess. Oh, wait... That's INGREDIENTS as it applies to cake batter. I always get those confused. Do they have a baking sub forum at Audio Asylum?
                              No baking nor other culinary subjects yet but with the profusion of sub-forums at Audio Asylum, no doubt at some point they will tackle the subject. Also, it's apparent to me AA's moderators keep the Cables column going, with special rules (don't even mention DBT or you will be banned from that area) so the whackos will congregate there to everyone else's amusement. Sort of reminds me of the way we generously allow a couple of whackos to continue to post on MEF in spite of their obvious ignorance, failure to contribute anything useful to technical discussions and outright hostility. They're so precious, a laff riot! OTOH one of our honorable, experienced and trustworthy correspondents, gingertube, is also a correspondent at the ol' Asylum. Maybe there are more I don't know of.

Comment

Working...
                              X