Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulate schematic tone stack in tone stack calculator

Hi!

Need some help here in how to simulate the tone stack in the attached schematic in tone stack calculator app, http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/.

I think that i have to select the Marshall kind of tone stack tab, but what values should i have to put in the following parameters, Zrsc and R5 based on the schematic?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tonestack vk.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	873875

I think that it would be 'near enough' to make Zrsc 10k and R5 1M.
    Last edited by pdf64; 08-06-2018, 11:32 AM.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
      I think that it would be 'near enough' to make Zrsc 10k and R5 1M.
      Hi pdf64!

How do you get those values?

Comment

R51 and R31.
        The actual Zrsc will be a little lower than R51's 10k, and the actual TSC R5 will be a bit higher than R31's 1M.
        In both cases what's required is the impedance (at the relevant node) to ac 0V. For the bandwidth of interest, I think the impedance is mostly going to be resistive.
        My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

+1 ^^^
          Changing the default values of Zsrc and R5 to the suggested values has minimal effect on the displayed graph. For any reasonable values used, the results aught to be 'close enough'. Only when using a (for example) Marshall TS after a (for example) Fender plate-driven stage - where the Zsrc may be off by a factor of 40 - will the result be visually and audibly different.
          If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
          If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
          We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
          MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Agree and add: Rod is showing us only *half* the schematic

That tone stack serves 2 channels, selected by Relay S12.

When down, tone stack is fed from R51, but when up, sound comes through C8 from ... ????????????

So please show us what´s at the left of C8.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Heres the full schematic.

ValveKing2_20MH.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                Heres the full schematic.

[ATTACH]50009[/ATTACH]
                I didn't do the arithmetic, but use the 150k plate resistor in parallel with the 68k nominal impedance of the triode to get the Zsrc when that channel is selected. It will be rolled off (loaded down by the TS) a bit more than the (10k Zsrc) channel we saw previously, but the basic shape of the tone controls will remain unaffected. Split the difference between 'about' 10k and 'about' 40k to get a representation of how the tone stack looks in this design. Changing the Zsrc from 10k to 40k will have minimal effect.
                If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
                X