Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 71 to 105 of 105

Thread: Spin Doctor type gauss meters?

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rog_B View Post
    Great job! They look awesome. Do you think you could make a little You Tube video of one in action, showing the various functions? That would be really helpful!
    I think that this is possible. But since I have a lot of amp repairs now, this may take a week or so.

    Mark

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #72
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Rep Power
    0
    This is great news. I'd like to join the queue for one of them if they're not all already spoken for.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This space is intentionally left blank.

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    I've got few questions about features of the meter. Here they are:

    - Range +/- 1670 Gs. Over (and below) this value the meter displays "OVER" text
    - The polarity of the magnetic field is displayed as letter "N" or "S"
    - 0.96" "OLED display (good visibility in dark rooms)
    - Li-Po 320 mAh rechargeable battery - can be recharged with typical 5V phone power supply (with micro USB plug)
    - auto power off - after 1 minute of not in use
    - auto zero set at startup
    - tactile push buttons: POWER, MODE, START/STOP
    - 3 modes: CURRENT (the actual value of the magnetic field), AVERAGE (the average value of the magnetic field - can be stopped/restarted with START/STOP button) and PEAK (the maximum value - can be reset with the START/STOP button)
    - 200 samples per second in all modes
    - ABS enclosure (grey or black)
    - graphical representation of the battery displayed on the screen
    - when USB charger is connected, USB symbol displayed on the screen
    - charging status LED
    - low power consumption (10mA in active mode, 70uA in sleep mode)

    Since the meter is never switched off (it only enters sleep mode) there is also a RESET button but I never had to use it.

    Mark

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MarkusBass; 03-13-2019 at 01:24 PM.

  4. #74
    Twobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Norwich, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    I've got few questions about features of the meter. Here they are:

    - Range +/- 1670 Gs. Over (and below) this value the meter displays "OVER" text
    - The polarity of the magnetic field is displayed as letter "N" or "S"
    - 0.96" "OLED display (good visibility in dark rooms)
    - Li-Po 320 mAh rechargeable battery - can be recharged with typical 5V phone power supply (with micro USB plug)
    - auto power off - after 1 minute of not in use
    - auto zero set at startup
    - tactile push buttons: POWER, MODE, START/STOP
    - 3 modes: CURRENT (the actual value of the magnetic field), AVERAGE (the average value of the magnetic field - can be stopped/restarted with START/STOP button) and PEAK (the maximum value - can be reset with the START/STOP button)
    - 200 samples per second in all modes
    - ABS enclosure (grey or black)
    - graphical representation of the battery displayed on the screen
    - when USB charger is connected, USB symbol displayed on the screen
    - charging status LED
    - low power consumption (10mA in active mode, 70uA in sleep mode)

    Since the meter is never switched off (it only enters sleep mode) there is also a RESET button but I never had to use it.

    Mark
    Hi Mark,

    I canít PM yet as Iíve not posted since joining a while back (will have to fix that), but Iíd like to put my name down for one of these if possible. Preferably in black. :-)

    Best regards,
    Tim

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I canít PM yet as Iíve not posted since joining a while back
    I think that you need at least 4 posts in order to be able to PM other users. In the meantime you can update your profile and add your location. It is very important whether it's UK or the US.

    Mark

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #76
    Twobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Norwich, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    I think that you need at least 4 posts in order to be able to PM other users. In the meantime you can update your profile and add your location. It is very important whether it's UK or the US.

    Mark
    Thanks Mark. I canít edit my profile without the 4 posts either (think this makes 4!), but Iím in the UK.

    Edit: 4 posts in, location updated but still canít PM. :-(

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Timmy!; 03-13-2019 at 11:54 PM.

  7. #77
    Member Alberto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    92
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 20/0
    Rep Power
    5
    Super great job

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #78
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,272
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 38/0
    Given: 20/0
    Rep Power
    18
    Marcus,

    I presume you have a battery management/charge monitoring chip for the LIPO? Sorry if you've already gone over all this.


    OK I see you have a charging status led so that probably means you have everything taken care of. ;-)

    Marketing wise you might want to sell a version back to the slot car enthusiasts with a little car image instead of the guitar.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by David King View Post
    Marcus,

    I presume you have a battery management/charge monitoring chip for the LIPO? Sorry if you've already gone over all this.
    OK I see you have a charging status led so that probably means you have everything taken care of. ;-)
    Yes, of course. I use 3.7V LiPo which is charged to 4.2V and then charging is switched off by the battery management chip. So you may leave the meter connected to the USB charger for as long as you want and nothing wrong will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by David King View Post
    Marketing wise you might want to sell a version back to the slot car enthusiasts with a little car image instead of the guitar.
    Do they need to measure magnetic field? I can put any image on the meter but the problem is that usually there is a minimum order quote (usually quite high). Do you know such guys?

    Mark

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #80
    Don't forget the joker g1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada, somewhere north of Fargo
    Posts
    11,408
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,353/21
    Given: 3,352/8
    Rep Power
    22

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just because they don't have tubes doesn't mean they don't have feelings! - glebert

  11. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    Do they need to measure magnetic field? I can put any image on the meter but the problem is that usually there is a minimum order quote (usually quite high). Do you know such guys?

    Mark
    I believe that's what the Spin Doctor was originally designed/sold for! I think it's something to do with matching magnets in motors for balance?

    I assume that the discontinuation of the Spin Doctor has left the same gap in the slot car market as it did the pickup winders market.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This space is intentionally left blank.

  12. #82
    Don't forget the joker g1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada, somewhere north of Fargo
    Posts
    11,408
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,353/21
    Given: 3,352/8
    Rep Power
    22
    It is used both for the motor magnets and the traction magnets. See links in post #80.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just because they don't have tubes doesn't mean they don't have feelings! - glebert

  13. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by g1 View Post
    It is used both for the motor magnets and the traction magnets. See links in post #80.
    Thanks, the second link was the most important to clarify the issue. Very nice keyboard - I would need to have at least 50 orders to manufacture such a keyboard (which most probably won't happen). Also, I would need to change the enclosure and the magnet sensor(s). I do have all the elements needed for such a meter but this would be a lot of work.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #84
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,272
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 38/0
    Given: 20/0
    Rep Power
    18
    Marcus, it was mostly in jest that I suggested it. It is amazing to see what other folks will come up with given enough time and talent and a perception of need.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #85
    Twobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 3/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    .. Very nice keyboard - I would need to have at least 50 orders to manufacture such a keyboard (which most probably won't happen). ...
    Have you considered using ebay as a "storefront" of sorts to sell your Gaussmeter?
    This would still require upfront manufacturing costs, but it would make your product very available to a broad market.
    Shipping cost will be based on the recipients location, but it will also be very clear what that cost will be as ebay can generate shipping costs based on your input.
    You'd have the option to set up your sales as international, or not-international....
    I do apologize if this has already been discussed.

    I live in the US, and I would be interested in your gaussmeter. It appears shipping may be in the 70euro range, Ī$79US.
    That is a sad fact of commerce.

    Great looking product you have developed there!

    P.S. Blaze Orange color would be nice color, I could find it on my workbench easily... Just kidding, any color would be great!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Intensely Calm View Post
    Have you considered using ebay as a "storefront" of sorts to sell your Gaussmeter?
    This would still require upfront manufacturing costs, but it would make your product very available to a broad market.
    Shipping cost will be based on the recipients location, but it will also be very clear what that cost will be as ebay can generate shipping costs based on your input.
    You'd have the option to set up your sales as international, or not-international....
    I do apologize if this has already been discussed.

    I live in the US, and I would be interested in your gaussmeter. It appears shipping may be in the 70euro range, Ī$79US.
    That is a sad fact of commerce.
    P.S. Blaze Orange color would be nice color, I could find it on my workbench easily... Just kidding, any color would be great!
    Thanks for the suggestion. It seems to me that I've seen an offer (for the delivery) for about $40 but for me it is still a lot.
    For the time being I'm looking for some friends who travel to the US and can at least take the meter to the States. But this would be valid for 1, or 2 meters. I cannot ask anyone to take 10 meters with him.
    One of my friends who used to live in NY can help me but he is traveling to NY in summer (in several months).

    Regarding your remark on the color: I was rather thinking about changing it to grayscale colors .

    PS; please note that "my" part of the thread was move to: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=48634 (due to forum requirements). Please respond there.

    Mark

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #87
    Twobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 3/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    ...PS; please note that "my" part of the thread was move to: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=48634 (due to forum requirements). Please respond there.

    Mark
    It appears I don't have access to that post yet, perhaps since I am new here I have to meet a "post" quota first.
    All in time.

    Thanks, John D.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #88
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Dear MarkusBass. What will be the price of this gaussmeter?

    Thanks

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nikifena View Post
    What will be the price of this gaussmeter?
    I sent you an email with all the details. It looks you didn't read it .
    All the details are in the "Flea Market" subforum.


    https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=48634

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by big_teee; 04-26-2019 at 09:19 PM.

  20. #90
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Are these still being made?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by rjhalsey View Post
    Are these still being made?
    Yes, the details are in the other thread in the Flea Market subforum. I think that you need to have 4 posts to see the subforum (it's a general forum requirement).

    Mark

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #92
    ToneOholic! big_teee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mid-South USA
    Posts
    11,233
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/32
    Given: 775/14
    Rep Power
    22
    I changed the name a bit of this thread, since the Spin Doctor is no longer being made.
    Mark has his meter for sale, in the Flea Market, the forum area used for members having things for sale.
    It can be purchased here.
    https://music-electronics-forum.com/...281#post528281

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Courage is being Scared to Death, but Saddling up anyway! (John Wayne)

    Terry

  23. #93
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    Yes, the details are in the other thread in the Flea Market subforum. I think that you need to have 4 posts to see the subforum (it's a general forum requirement).

    Mark
    I will take a look as soon as I have 4 posts.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  24. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    13
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 4/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    I sent you an email with all the details. It looks you didn't read it .
    All the details are in the "Flea Market" subforum.


    https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=48634
    I can't access the link and I have more than 4 post.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 8/0
    Rep Power
    11
    I Just tried the link and it works fine. I've bought one of these meters and it works fine. I've tried it against my elepro meter and the readings are the same.

    Cheers

    Andrew

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  26. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Rep Power
    0
    I can't access the link either so there's definitely some permissions issue going on.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This space is intentionally left blank.

  27. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasin' Note View Post
    I can't access the link and I have more than 4 post.
    It looks like some kind of a permissions problem. Maybe Tboy can help.
    Can you check whether you see the "Flea Market" subforum after you login into the forum? It's in the "Hang Out" group. Have you tried refresh on the main page of the forum?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  28. #98
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    13
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 4/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    It looks like some kind of a permissions problem. Maybe Tboy can help.
    Can you check whether you see the "Flea Market" subforum after you login into the forum? It's in the "Hang Out" group. Have you tried refresh on the main page of the forum?
    Yea I think its permission problems. I got this message when I click that link.

    Chasin' Note, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  29. #99
    ToneOholic! big_teee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mid-South USA
    Posts
    11,233
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/32
    Given: 775/14
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasin' Note View Post
    Yea I think its permission problems. I got this message when I click that link.

    Chasin' Note, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    It is a permission issue.

    I will refer this to tboy, and see if he can change your status.
    In the meanwhile, keep posting, that will help.
    T

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by big_teee; 06-11-2019 at 02:04 AM.
    Courage is being Scared to Death, but Saddling up anyway! (John Wayne)

    Terry

  30. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 8/0
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by big_teee View Post
    It is a permission issue.

    I will refer this to tboy, and see if he can change your status.
    In the meanwhile, keep posting, that will help.
    T
    Hi Big Teee

    The rep power on the members shows as 0 Being old but not quite senile i'll assume that rep power is some kind of marker relating to replies ?
    Cheers
    Andrew

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  31. #101
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasin' Note View Post
    I can't access the link and I have more than 4 post.
    I guess 4 is not the magic number.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  32. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,642
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0
    Rep Power
    13
    It's not the post that is protected. I think that the protection is on the forum/subforum level. Please check whether after login you can see the Parking Lot forum marked with red rectangle.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mef.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	53994

    I hope that Tboy is working on the problem.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  33. #103
    ToneOholic! big_teee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mid-South USA
    Posts
    11,233
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/32
    Given: 775/14
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by big_teee View Post
    It is a permission issue.

    I will refer this to tboy, and see if he can change your status.
    In the meanwhile, keep posting, that will help.
    T
    I have no more info, but this observation.
    Members have a member status.
    The members with limited permissions, are Junior Members.
    The only way that I know to change that status to a higher status like Senior Member, is to post more.
    So if you are a Junior Member, you need to go to different forum categories, and ask, or answer more questions,
    T

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Courage is being Scared to Death, but Saddling up anyway! (John Wayne)

    Terry

  34. #104
    Master Destroyer nosaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    3,059
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 977/100
    Given: 139/35
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusBass View Post
    It's not the post that is protected. I think that the protection is on the forum/subforum level. Please check whether after login you can see the Parking Lot forum marked with red rectangle.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mef.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	53994

    I hope that Tboy is working on the problem.
    How about seeing if this works in plug your product/service forum?

    nosaj

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

  35. #105
    ToneOholic! big_teee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mid-South USA
    Posts
    11,233
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/32
    Given: 775/14
    Rep Power
    22
    I think Mark needs to make a separate thread with his product info in the plug your products.
    Leave the pricing in the Flea Market.
    T

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Courage is being Scared to Death, but Saddling up anyway! (John Wayne)

    Terry

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gauss Meter for Sale
    By RedHouse in forum Tools and Coil Winding Gear
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 01:41 PM
  2. Gauss meter bit it
    By Bill M in forum Tools and Coil Winding Gear
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 04:03 AM
  3. Gauss meter
    By clown_luthier in forum Pickup Makers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 03:18 AM
  4. Gauss meter
    By markeymark in forum Pickup Makers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 08:44 PM
  5. gauss meter... How much do I need to spend?
    By corduroyew in forum Pickup Makers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 11:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •