Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment I have 2 prototypes but only one of them is for sale. But if there is a bigger interest I can make some more.
    It looks like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GM_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	852849
    I still plan to redesign the front sticker to look more professional.

Measurement of a Celestion speaker in Marshall JCM900:

Name:	GM_05.jpg
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	852850

Comment

I sent you a PM, but it hasn't shown up in my "sent" folder, so let me know if you didn't get it.
      This space is intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by SirPrimalform View Post
        I sent you a PM, but it hasn't shown up in my "sent" folder, so let me know if you didn't get it.
        Looks like you were able to update your profile after 5 posts.
        Is that correct, I would like to know for future reference?
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          Looks like you were able to update your profile after 5 posts.
          Is that correct, I would like to know for future reference?
          T
          Actually, it seemed to be after 4 posts. I was able to set my location and (attempt to) send MarkusBass a PM before making that fifth post.

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            T
            I've replied to your PM, let me know if you get it (my sent messages folder is still empty for some reason).

Comment

Originally posted by SirPrimalform View Post
              I've got it (even twice). It's funny that you can send a message but cannot see it once it's sent. For me it's a bug. Let's hope that with 7 messages you can do a lot more now .

Comment

I think there may be a spot in the user settings where you have to turn on "save copy of sent messages" ?
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  I think there may be a spot in the user settings where you have to turn on "save copy of sent messages" ?
                  Exactly, the PM/reply doesn't show in the "Sent Items" folder by default. One has to check the general settings below the message window before sending off.
                  - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
                    At the moment I have 2 prototypes but only one of them is for sale. But if there is a bigger interest I can make some more.
                    It looks like this:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]52136[/ATTACH]
                    I still plan to redesign the front sticker to look more professional.

Measurement of a Celestion speaker in Marshall JCM900:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]52137[/ATTACH]
                    Just a general remark (without knowing your meter): As flux density (B) may vary strongly with position and typical Hall elements are very small, the exact position of the sensor within the probe tip is critical. For this reason I prefer small and flat probe heads with specified sensor depth and location.
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      You are right: there is an option "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" in the User Profile. I thought that it is set to true by default but maybe it's not.
                      Last edited by MarkusBass; 01-25-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                        Just a general remark (without knowing your meter): As flux density (B) may vary strongly with position and typical Hall elements are very small, the exact position of the sensor within the probe tip is critical. For this reason I prefer small and flat probe heads with specified sensor depth and location.
                        In the final version of the meter there will be a fiducial on the top layer of the PC board. In the prototype I plan to mark it with a nail lacquer . Do you suggest that the tip of the meter should be thinner? I still can change it.
                        Currently it looks like this:

Name:	GM_06.jpg
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	852851
                        You can see that I can solder both the SMD or through-hole Hall sensor and there is a fiducial marking the exact position of the sensor.

Comment

Do you suggest that the tip of the meter should be thinner?
                          A difference of 0.5mm in distance between Hall element and the magnet pole surface can change the result by 10%.

The probe tip of my AlphaLab magnetometer measures 4mm (width) by 1.3mm (thickness).
                          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

A difference of 0.5mm in distance between Hall element and the magnet pole surface can change the result by 10%.
                            The probe tip of my AlphaLab magnetometer measures 4mm (width) by 1.3mm (thickness).
                            I'm not sure what you mean by 1.3mm thickness of the probe tip. In my meter the Hall sensor is assembled on the bottom layer of the board and when doing the measurement it touches directly the magnet. There is no PC board in between. The thickness of the PC board is 1.75mm but since the magnet touches directly the sensor it is not important. I've seen some magnetometers with very narrow probe but I'm afraid that they are prone to break. So there should be a balance between the width of the probe and the risk to break it. I decided to make it wider just to avoid breaking it.

Comment

In my meter the Hall sensor is assembled on the bottom layer of the board and when doing the measurement it touches directly the magnet.
                              So the probe has a defined measuring orientation (not intended for probe reversal) and it's only the depth of the hall chip inside the sensor housing that determines the minimum measuring distance.

I decided to make it wider just to avoid breaking it.
                              As long as the probe width allows flat placement on staggered strat PU poles, it's probably fine with most PU applications.
                              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

So the probe has a defined measuring orientation (not intended for probe reversal) and it's only the depth of the hall chip inside the sensor housing that determines the minimum measuring distance.
                                Of course. The meter displays the orientation of the magnet that is measured (letters N/S) so there is only one way to make the measurement. You cannot reverse the probe and expect that correct polarity of the magnet is displayed.
                                As long as the probe width allows flat placement on staggered strat PU poles, it's probably fine with most PU applications.
                                Good point. I'll think about it. Thanks for pointing this out.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X