Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G100 amp knobs

Greetings,
    I got a 'fix it and it's yours' Yamaha G100 212 amp recently. A few of the pot shafts had broken off, which is why I got it free.

Finding replacement pots (split/knurled shaft) wasn't all that big a deal. Finding the knobs is another matter altogether, though!

Yamaha's part # for the G100 knobs is 305400CB800820. Of course, Yamaha's parts department doesn't seem to have them, so that's out...

To digress a bit, I had a SWEET Lab Series L5 - another freebie - that I had to replace the power cord, speakers, and knobs. I found that one of the Moog synthesizers used the SAME knobs, so that problem was solved. Sadly, it got ripped off...

Getting back to my G100, does anyone know of a source where I can get 4 knobs for it, either original, repro, or close enough that it's not too noticeable?

Thanks!

-Bob 'Skippy' Blechinger
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Last edited by BobSkippy; 08-21-2018, 05:26 AM. Reason: Removed email address

I don't doubt Yamaha doesn;t have them, the amp is almost 50 years old.

It is conceivable you might find the same knobs, but really, just find a whole new set of something that looks good and replace them all. You could even then sell the remaining real Yamaha knobs on ebay.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I would go with the 'push on' Marshall silver cap knobs.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/KAISH-10xGu...YAAOSwBCtbI2eZ

Comment

BobSkippy, I'd suggest you remove your email address or you will get junk mail beyond belief. If someone wants to get hold of you they can use the Private Message system by clicking on your user name.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

g1,
          Good idea!

Back in the days when I was the 'Forum Guru' for Gibson & Epiphone's user forums, I usually included my email, just so users could contact me directly if they needed to.

Force of habit... ;-)

Comment

Jazz P Bass,
            Thanks! Those look pretty cool!

My Yamaha won't start thinking it's a Marshall, though, will it? ;-)

-Bob

Comment

It might, this is show biz after all.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSkippy View Post
                My Yamaha won't start thinking it's a Marshall, though, will it? ;-)
                Some of the old HH Scott receivers used that style knob as well. In the typical marshall brown though.

I think with those that JazzP linked being black, they should look good.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by BobSkippy View Post
                  ...... My Yamaha won't start thinking it's a Marshall, though, will it? ;-)

-Bob
                  You'll need one of these for the Marshall sound.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARSHALL-OR...UAAOSwsc1bIVnN
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    You'll need one of these for the Marshall sound.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARSHALL-OR...UAAOSwsc1bIVnN
                    I see the seller offers a 2 year protection plan $4.99 for this part, what a howl. Thanks for my morning shot of humor!
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
                    X