Crate gfx 212 has no sound from the ext speaker jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate gfx 212 has no sound from the ext speaker jack

Amplifier works great everything works and sounds good but has no sound from the ext speaker jack... but if you tap on a speaker plugged in to it you can hear it quietly through the amps speakers ... what could cause that
    ??? I took the board off and all the solder joints look good and it's firmly in place... Cleaned and re bent the contact blades and still Nada....
    Last edited by blueshornet420; 08-20-2018, 10:32 PM. Reason: Adding info that I left out, typos

I already took the board off to look at the solder and everything looks good... Cleaned and "reformed the contact blades" LOL ... still nothing to a speaker not even crackles or pops when you take the plug in and out...

Comment

Welcome to the place!

It helps if you upload or link a schematic when you start a new thread, so here ya go.

https://supportloudtech.netx.net/lou...category/19786

When you plug in an external speaker, does the internal speaker still work? The schematic shows an external speaker jack that puts the external speaker in series with the internal. If that's what you have, it almost has to be a problem with the jack itself, or connections/solder to the jack. The schematic also shows what appears to be a separate board marked "07-252-21 only" that has parallel speaker connections. Do you have that part in your amp, or only the external speaker jack shown below that?
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

And have you tried that external speaker in something else to verify it is working?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X