Dynacord Echocord Super S 65 restoration help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynacord Echocord Super S 65 restoration help

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and I was hoping some of you guys might be able to help. I'm currently restoring an old tube tape echo and I'm having trouble with noise. It's a German Dynacord Echocord Super S 65
    I've replaced all the power supply filter caps and the selenium bridge rectififer, the motor run cap, most of the coupling caps and several plate resistors that had drifted and 2 pots thar were bad and I'm currently replacing all the ceramic disk caps. I've also cleaned and lubricated the motor, rollers etc...
    As far as I can tell, the units works ok. All preamps work, echo works fine and sounds pretty good.
    The problem is that it's quite noisy. It hisses quite a lot but the main problem is the amount of noise I get when I turn the dry/wet (reverb control) up. It adds even more hiss as well as some kind of mechanical noise. It's as if the noise generated by the motor, rollers etc was picked up and amplified. The noise comes after the preamp section because it does not go away when I remove the 2 preamp tubes (V1 and 2). I'm familiar with tube amps but this is the 1st tape echo I've worked on so I don't really know how much noise is acceptable or normal.
    I must admit that I don't really know what to do at this stage so if anybody has any suggestions I'd be very grateful!

I'm trying to upload the schematic but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Here is the schematic. Sorry about the poor quality but I had to reduce the size of the picture drastically to be able to attach it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Echocord Super 65 (275) (01-10-1964) 2 (glissé(e)s).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	664.9 KB
ID:	851433

Comment

Hi Simon
      can you provide full quality eg. via dropbox or an other file transfer channel?
      Some values can not be clearly identified. You would help me to renovate a dynacord and get it fit for the next 50Y or so :-)
      Cheers, the analogwizard.com

Comment

Here lets see if these work better for you.

Attached Files
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Hey Analog Wizard I got a quick question for you and I apologize for tacking it here but… prepare derailment of the thread.

So I am doing an 80’s cover album and I am getting into all the synth sounds. I am doing one song in particular Don’t Change by INXS. The trouble is figuring out the synth patch for the keyboard part that starts the song’s intro. I am using a Prophet 5 sound for the secondary keyboard part and it sounds pretty good for now. But that other synth from the intro doesn’t sound good.

Just wondering if analogwizard or anyone reading has an opinion on what synth patch they were using. Or anything that might come to mind.
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
          X