Tolana amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolana amplifier

Hello, I am going to renovate an old amplifier. I've been searching for info on a Tolana Ampli ERT16. If anybody knows anything about this company or their equipment, I would appreciate it. Images available on IG (luke1969morgan) thank you.

Originally posted by Mooky69 View Post
    Hello, I am going to renovate an old amplifier. I've been searching for info on a Tolana Ampli ERT16. If anybody knows anything about this company or their equipment, I would appreciate it. Images available on IG (luke1969morgan) thank you.
    This is about all I could find. It looks to be a european reel to reel http://www.cinematheque.fr/fr/catalo...p-15-1207.html
    use google translate. It was made in 1963
    And that's about all I can gather.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I found a couple of RTR's and an old Oahu lap steel guitar amp with "Console by Tolana" printed on the face plate. May need to go rogue on this one and work without a schematic.
      Last edited by Boss; 08-27-2018, 02:33 AM. Reason: typo
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
        I found a couple of RTR's and an old Oahu lap steel guitar amp with "Console by Tolana" printed on the face plate. May need to go rouge on this one and work without a schematic.
        Which one Chuck?
        The phrase “going rogue” means to set off in an unusual, isolated direction, possibly for bad or deviant reasons. Rouge is an adjective, it is French for “red.” In the cosmetics industry, rouge is another word for blush, the powder that is used to color cheeks and cheekbones.

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
          Which one Chuck?
          The phrase “going rogue” means to set off in an unusual, isolated direction, possibly for bad or deviant reasons. Rouge is an adjective, it is French for “red.” In the cosmetics industry, rouge is another word for blush, the powder that is used to color cheeks and cheekbones.

nosaj
          Modern usage of the term can include doing things in a way that deviates from the norm. That's what I meant. Looking at Mooky's IG I get the impression he can handle it, but no one would want to and it never hurts to scout around.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've never heard of Tolana. I first thought it was Italian but it looks like it could be French.

Comment

How about you post the pics right here in the thread instead of making people go look for them? I'm sure that will get you some helpful responses
              Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Sorry it was rude of me to direct people to another site for images. I'm new to the forum (this evening) and haven't worked out how to attach an image to a post. I'll try tomorrow.

Comment

I almost said the same, but then I just went and looked anyway.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                    I almost said the same, but then I just went and looked anyway.
                    Woahhhh! WAY kool lookin' unit. Sort of like one of those old Ampex tape recorder amps got together with a Pultec EQ and had a love child, with a vintage VU meter stuck on for extra mojo factor. Love the French legends on the controls & features. "Haut-parleur" speaker jack, and "arret/marche" stop/go power toggle. MUST make this work, it's the bees knees! Thanx for the photo Chuck, made my day. Polka dots and all.
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Hey, thanks for posting the image for me.

Comment

Sorry it was rude of me to direct people to another site for images. I'm new to the forum (this evening) and haven't worked out how to attach an image to a post. I'll try tomorrow.
                        No worries. I don't do IG and I suspect others may in the same boat.
                        Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
                        X