Check and double check your order!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check and double check your order!

Yesterday I recently received my order eight MJ15003G output transistors from Mouser. I mistakenly forgot to double check what I had received from them before I installation. I tested the Peavey Mark III bass amplifier on the light bulb limiter and the bulb light up almost full brightness. After much messing around and testing various components I realized that they had send me six MJ15003G transistors and one MJ21193G and one MJ15025G transistor.

I wrote Mouser a courteous email explaining the situation and ask for two replacements. I feel stupid about not checking the transistor part number but heck my order was only eight transistors! Luckily the transistors are in an area that can be easily desoldered. I sure hope that they send me the correct parts.

That is a lesson we all learn. I always check each part when an order comes in, and I also recheck every time I pull a part from the drawer. Many times a transistor has fallen from one drawer to the drawer below. I want to be sure before I install anything.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X