Mystery eBay Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery eBay Amp

Anyone ever seen this amp before? Love the look of it, doesn't seem to have any manufacturer printed in the thing - wondering if anyone out there can identify it.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Guita...IAAOSwfxFbgzUH

Nice! It looks to made with quality and consideration above average. The Dymo labels on the back would hint at a small operation. So... Small operation, considered design and quality. Can't go wrong for the right price. I'm not in the market for such a thing right now but I hope someone that "get's it" gets it.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

At the bottom of the back label it says "Interstate" I would think that's the name of the manufacturer, but I couldn't find anything on line. Really good looking unusual amp IMO
      Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

I'm showing my ignorance here, but why does it have 2 6l6's and a 6v6?

Comment

I expect the 6V6 is the reverb driver or possibly a voltage regulator. The overall design is reminiscent of Gibson or Ampeg. Gibson used a 6V6 as a voltage regulator on a couple of models. But I think it's probably the reverb driver.
          Last edited by Chuck H; 08-27-2018, 04:00 AM.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Ah, okay. Thanks Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
              I expect the 6V6 is the reverb driver or possibly a voltage regulator. The overall design is reminiscent of Gibson or Ampeg. Gibson used a 6V6 as a voltage regulator on a couple of models. But I think it's probably the reverb driver.
              Gibson used a 6V6 on mid 50's "Les Paul" GA-40 as vibrato (!) Bizarre but true.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Remarkably like a Montgomery Ward Airline, made by Valco, That I once owned. Right down (or up) to the dashboard lights. It worked pretty well.

Comment

I'm shocked it sold for $345US !!!
                  Originally posted by Resonator Guy View Post
                  Remarkably like a Montgomery Ward Airline, made by Valco, That I once owned. Right down (or up) to the dashboard lights. It worked pretty well.
                  Was it like this GIM-9171A ?

(edit: ebay listing from post #1 looks more like the 9131A, there was one sold recently on reverb.)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by g1; 09-05-2018, 06:44 PM.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I think it looked a lot like that. Mine had a flashing light that pulsed with your playing and an e tuner that would drive you nuts if you got it going by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      I'm shocked it sold for $345US !!!...
                      It's also interesting that it was sold by a Goodwill Thrift Store. Someone at that store has the savvy to sell such items on eBay and raise substantial cash for the charity rather than pricing it as old electronics junk in the store.

Comment

Oh they have some savvy alright. This is not the place to get into how charitable they are, but do a bit of digging if you have the time.
                        Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Uncle Doug has a review of one of the Stage Right amps. It's a different model.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjhncpd7wyw

Their guitar amp page.
                          https://www.monoprice.com/search/ind...ord=guitar+amp
                          Last edited by J Luth; 09-05-2018, 09:45 PM.
                          It's all about the bass. Lock in the groove and stay out of everyone else's way.

Comment

Ya gotta love it when a $199 amp on the mfgr's website sells for $345 on ebay!!
                            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
                              Ya gotta love it when a $199 amp on the mfgr's website sells for $345 on ebay!!
                              The amp that pops up front and center when you click the link IS NOT the amp in question. That's just *bay showing a "similar" item because the other one is already sold. If you look lower left on the page the closed listing can be clicked and viewed.

Comment

Working...
                              X