Glue for HDP plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue for HDP plastic?

This is not really an electronics type question, but you guys are the smartest people I know. Come to think of it it, this could be a music related question because many instrument cases are made from blow molded HDP plastic.

I need to find a glue to repair an item made from High Density Polyethylene plastic. It seems that nothing will stick to it. I tried Super Glue and two-part epoxy with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=Enm....0.lDZjbGsH-D0

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
      This is not really an electronics type question, but you guys are the smartest people I know. Come to think of it it, this could be a music related question because many instrument cases are made from blow molded HDP plastic.

I need to find a glue to repair an item made from High Density Polyethylene plastic. It seems that nothing will stick to it. I tried Super Glue and two-part epoxy with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.
      Give a pic of what your trying to fix please. You can also use a heat gun if your careful.(one for SMD work.)

nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I went through this a few years ago for a plastic (HDPE) dirt bike fuel tank.
        The only thing I could find was Scotch-Weld DP8005 or DP8010 (3min hardening or 10min).
        It is very expensive, like 50 or 60 bucks.
        My tank was so badly cracked I didn't want to risk it so I sprung the $250 for a new tank.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X