Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouser's Customer Service is Number One!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouser's Customer Service is Number One!

A while back I ordered eight MJ15003 transistors to repair the output section of a Peavey Mark III bass amp head. Well silly me did not check my order and I just "blindly" installed all of them. Only after the amp would still not work did I realize that Mouser send me six correct transistors and two odd ball transistors. I emailed with their customer service and explained the situation. Long story short, two correct transistors are on their way to me free of charge!

Looks like they have gained a customer for life!

Thank you Mouser!

I would have expected that from any upstanding company.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

I tell ya...

I have always maintained that any company can get it right most of the time, but the real test of a company is how they handle problems that arise. That is what impresses customers. And that is something you folks with your own shops should never forget.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yep. I always give everything a good cleanup before it leaves, too. Customers appreciate the extra effort. I've had guys come to pick up an amp before and say, "That's not my amp".
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I use a speaker shop down here for re-cones. He does great work and he's fast. Just sent him an old 8 ohm trashed low watt speaker to be re-coned at 4 ohms. Asked for it in the email and included it on the info sheet I put in the box. When they called for the ccard info, I allllmost asked to confirm it was 4 ohms, but I didn't. When it came back, first thing I did was measure it, and it was 8 ohms. I called, was put on hold for a minute. and then told it was their mistake, please return it, they were sorry. Well, it turns out he ended up re-coning it 3 times. First time as 4 ohms, then he saw the ticket the wife had wrongly filled out as 8 ohm, so he tore it out and redid it as 8 ohms. Then I sent it back on their dime and he tore it out again and did it as 4 ohms again. With using 3 times the materials and paying for a round trip of shipping across Florida, plus his time, I doubt he made anything on that speaker, but he freely admitted they missed the boat, and made it right. Now, will I use him for all my re-cone needs, yes I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            I use a speaker shop down here for re-cones. He does great work and he's fast. Just sent him an old 8 ohm trashed low watt speaker to be re-coned at 4 ohms. Asked for it in the email and included it on the info sheet I put in the box. When they called for the ccard info, I allllmost asked to confirm it was 4 ohms, but I didn't. When it came back, first thing I did was measure it, and it was 8 ohms. I called, was put on hold for a minute. and then told it was their mistake, please return it, they were sorry. Well, it turns out he ended up re-coning it 3 times. First time as 4 ohms, then he saw the ticket the wife had wrongly filled out as 8 ohm, so he tore it out and redid it as 8 ohms. Then I sent it back on their dime and he tore it out again and did it as 4 ohms again. With using 3 times the materials and paying for a round trip of shipping across Florida, plus his time, I doubt he made anything on that speaker, but he freely admitted they missed the boat, and made it right. Now, will I use him for all my re-cone needs, yes I will.
            Well give them the shout out and mention their name here.
            nosaj
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

South Florida Speaker Repair in Lake Worth, FL, www.speakersaver.com

Comment

I just received my replacement transistors from Mouser. Again I encourage you to do business with them because their customer service is superb.

Comment

I had used Mouser about three months ago and it was the first time ordering to my new residence. So I logged in and placed my order. Right away I thought OH Crap!! I forgot that I had not updated my new address info and logged back in to discover indeed my old address was still on file. So I clicked the little support link on the web page and within minutes I had someone talking through the chat screen to help. They updated my info right away and made sure the order was coming to the correct address. That was all at 3am in the middle of the night and I was pretty impressed with that level of customer service.
                  When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

AND.....I called Mouser to add some items to my order. They had already completed my previous order so they shipped me the additional items for FREE!!! Who does that these days?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
                      AND.....I called Mouser to add some items to my order. They had already completed my previous order so they shipped me the additional items for FREE!!! Who does that these days?!!!
                      One thing you can't do at Mouser is append extra items once your order's gone on to the warehouse. They're all about efficiency. On the cover of their paper catalogs in the past, a reminder to buyers: MSQ. Mouser Ships Quick. Their shipping price couldn't be more fair - flat $7.95 unless you have heavy or bulky items - and it was mighty decent of them to free-ship your extras. If you had to pay, still would be no disaster. Luv them Mousers!
                      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
                      X