No announcement yet.

Sunn(0))) Amp Beta Bass Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's been a while since I last replied on here, but the amp is finished and fixed (the red LED is always stuck on but fuck it).

Replacing all of the IC's on the preamp seemed to do the trick, took me ages getting all the old ones out and then new ones in, jumping wires where I ripped pads out and testing the new chips etc.

Though now it's sounding nice and meaty, theres not alot of head room on the amplifier but the tone is very nice. I'd like to thank everyone that helped me fix this and find the parts, and a special thanks to Nevetslab for walking me through alot of this repair.

my sweet new amp, nothings unfixable.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	50906983_2508909889125083_2198907033736970240_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	852848

Comment

• Originally posted by wirelessliquid View Post
      So it's been a while since I last replied on here, but the amp is finished and fixed (the red LED is always stuck on but fuck it).

Replacing all of the IC's on the preamp seemed to do the trick, took me ages getting all the old ones out and then new ones in, jumping wires where I ripped pads out and testing the new chips etc.

Though now it's sounding nice and meaty, theres not alot of head room on the amplifier but the tone is very nice. I'd like to thank everyone that helped me fix this and find the parts, and a special thanks to Nevetslab for walking me through alot of this repair.

my sweet new amp, nothings unfixable.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]52135[/ATTACH]
      I was wondering what happened to ya. Glad to hear you finally nailed it and have a working bass amp again! That was quite an adventure inside, and glad to have been able to help out!
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
      X