No announcement yet.

What cleans thermal grease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sitting on my couch at the old folks home, the one place so far I have not managed to get heat grease all over me.

So I am using a screwdriver...
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      Yep. Drinking the alcohol won't solve your thermal grease problem, but if you drink enough, you won't care anymore.
      Ohh, yeahhh, washhhh me fishhhh thishh amp...

No chance of any trace of heatsink grease surviving inside Enzo.

If you make your lime-driver with Everclear or Polmos, you only need to pour in 40% as much. Very efficient stuff!

151 rum does make an acceptable solvent in a pinch. It wouldn't be the choice item to use on a tape deck but if you need a wee dab of alcohol to dissolve some goop it does work pretty well. Smells nice too. What you definitely want to avoid is any alcohol with sugar added. Yukon Jack is out of the question, Southern Comfort too.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

You can buy denatured ethanol at the hardware store.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Denatured alcohol - safe for most materials and paints. If insufficient, step up to CRC Brakleen (will harm some plastics and paints). If insufficient, step up to Acetone - eats many plastics and most paints.

Comment

Working...
          X