Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else having problems with Allparts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else having problems with Allparts?

I've been buying a few minor items from Allparts for probably 14 years now. They've always answered emails, always helpful. My last order was $330 of one part I like. Have been ordering those for just as long. So, I got my order tossed the bag into a box to be used when I ran out, which I did about 2 weeks ago. Opened the bag and all the parts were wrong, and not even an item they show in their catalog. No big deal, filled out their online contact form and said why did you send me those weird parts I didn't order. No reply. Filled the RMA form, shipped them back and requested money be applied to my account. Package was received and verified by USPS tracking. Went to place a new order and there is no evidence my money was ever applied to anything. Filled out the online form twice and complained. No reply. Emailed 3 or 4 times, still no reply. Are they still in business, or did someone buy them out? Is their business failing and they're screwing customers over? I'm going to try calling this morning, but this is really pissing me off, and its really strange they are avoiding answering at all. I have a bad feeling I just lost over $300......
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

OK, I called and my money has been credited to my account. But beware they do not reply to their online contact form, nor to emails, which is just really unprofessional, and he went silent when I brought that up......
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Thumb down for bad news... Thanks for the heads-up on contact info... Why bother leaving email & contact forms as an option?

I guess most people are too lazy to pick up the phone & wonder. You'd think enough people would get up in arms after their questions were never answered... And that most younger people won't make a call, so they're losing the next generation of customers...

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Not answering emails, and contact page, is inexcusable, in my book.
        I gave thumbs up to possum, for his effort and letting the group know what is going on with Allparts.
        Since I don't have a business discount with Allparts, I never could afford them anyway!
        Their retail prices are pretty steep!
        Sounds like they need to get their act together!

T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Never had problems with AP - been doing business with them for 2 decades. I have an order arriving today, FWIW......
          Jack Briggs

sigpic
          www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

I too had some issues with them not shipping my order a few weeks ago. I ended up having to call about the order. They provided a "pre-shipment" label, and told me it was on its way - I can't stand these pre-shipment labels, personally. He proceeded to explain that they recently 'upgraded' their system, and they were running behind lately as a result. It arrived I think 2 days after it got shipped. Unfortunately I've been given much much worse treatment from other companies in regards to email response (or lack thereof).

I will add that their gold covers, are simply not gold enough

Comment

Things like this is why I always talk to Steve directly.

Comment

Speaking of Allparts, anyone know when they'll be getting those P90 bobbins in again? And does anyone here have some they'd be willing to part with?

Comment

Some dealers just don't reply after they get your money. Some even have multiple year wait times with a no refund policy.

Comment

I was told by the UK Allparts that the US arm are changing suppliers for certain parts, also that they are moving warehouse.
                    I don't know if this was flim flam or not but might explain the customer service issues.

Honestly I worry that some of these parts companies will go under before long. There's not much money in guitar parts these days and it's a lot easier to order from asia than it used to be.

Comment

I prefer emails because you have a written dated record of the communication. Phone calls vanish the second you hang up. I won't order baseplates from them again, I don't think they carry what I used to get from them anymore. Sadly no one is making a truly accurate vintage Gibson baseplate now that I can see. Philadelphia's are the closest but the bend on the end of the legs are curved, not a real right angle bend like Gibson's always were. Someone cut corners on making these and pretty much they just don't care.
                      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Working...
                      X