No announcement yet.

1986 Laney Pro Tube Lead A050 Series YIEKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main concern was just trying to get it to work better than it did. Concentrating on the bias first to see if that could be made to work which lead to finding more and more.

Since you don't have a stock amp, or anything even close to that apparently, there is no schematic for this project.
    None that match it exactly, but the AO50H is close on a lot of it.

You had asked previously about numbers on the board.
    Sorry I forgot to check that until tonight, the only thing stenciled on the board is IGAV OR IGAY or something similar it a bit hard for me to read. Nothing else.

Now we hear that there is a 1 ohm resistor grounding the input signal.
    Just found it when I finally replace the jack. It came in with a broken jack but I was able to fix it to get it to work until the new one came in. Should have looked at the resister then, live and learn I guess.

(Didn't copy the whole paragraph.)
    Your buddy has bought a project chassis. It's a chassis, knobs, transformers and tube sockets.
    Just my two cents on the matter. Unfortunate as it is.
    Told him the same thing last week. Suggested that if he wasn't going to send it back he should conciser ripping it apart and rebuild it the way it should have been. Also told him it might not be worth it.
    It's all about the bass. Lock in the groove and stay out of everyone else's way.

Comment

Working...
    X