Amp potentiometer replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp potentiometer replacement

I broke the master volume on a hartke HA2500 and I need the replace the pot.

I presume I can't just buy any old potentiometer and solder it in.

I found this online, but it won't ship outside of USA.

There are plenty of pots on ebay/amazon, that look similar like this but have different numbers like B10K, B500K, B100K and so on.

The manual for the amp is online here but it doesn't state much technically for the master volume pot, just "50 mV, OUT"

My question is, how do I determine the correct pot to purchase?

Schematic says 10kB, which is 10k ohms linear taper. Any 10kB pot that pits will work. 10kB is same as B10k.

I think yours is a 16mm size and it is pc board mounted.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by neverlost64 View Post
      I presume I can't just buy any old potentiometer and solder it in.
      Why? But it's good that you asked because it's not the case. Enzo has your back in post #2 (and, I presume , a schematic and some experience with this or similar products). But he did say "I think" about the size and configuration. Since you have the actual part on hand you can fact check this to be sure before ordering.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I do have the schematic, so that is where I got the spec. I then looked up the model on google and looked at photos, which told me it was a pc mount and likely 16mm. Some other HArtke models have lonesome volume controls panel mounted by their bushings, but not here.

If you look at your existing pot, I bet it has B10k printed right on it.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Where are you? Update your profile with your location. You will find 16mm pc pots on 'Bay for peanuts. Search for "pot 16mm pc 10k linear"
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thanks all for your help, it is much appreciated!

I'll certainly check the existing one before I order but I think Enzo is on the money here.

Comment

Hartke parts are handled by:
              jantonelli@samsontech.com
              Joseph Antonelli
              Samson Technologies
              Customer Service Supervisor
              Service Center Coordinator

Comment

Wow, Joe has been there a long time. Always took care of me well.

Comment

Working...
                X