Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different tube Pre-amps

Hey y'all,
    Im gonna start coming here instead of the guitar forum, cus all yall are really good at answering questions without beating around the bush.

Im still trying to find "My sound". I'm trying to find a very thick, warm, and lush sound, and so i'm looking at effects pedals to try to find that sound. Im choosing between a Damage Control "Womanizer" and a Seymour Duncan "Twin Tube". They both use two preamp tubes, and i only want to try those because i already have a tube amp and ive tried about every non-tube pedal on the market to get that sound. Has anyone tried either of these pedals? Or can anyone suggest a better one? Thanks for your help,
    Kemp

Ps. Kind of like Andrew Stockdale's tone on Colossal (wolfmother).

Did you try using your neck pickup and turning the tone knob down on your guitar? Do you have humbuckers? If you're playing a Tele with 9 gauge strings, you'll be struggling to get a "thick" tone no matter what amps and pedals you try.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Ok so next... The Twin Tube is amazing. It's my favorite pedal I've EVER played and I've tried quite a few. I use Joe Bardens on my strat w/ it, and then a Dimarzio PAF pro in bridge and mini-humbucker in the neck position of my Cort guitar. I get some incredible thickness and singing sustain w/ this pedal when the volume is at a live-show level. Played through my 5E3X2 head it's killer! I highly recommend getting it or at least trying it out with a GOOD AMP.

Comment

Working...
      X