Input jack lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input jack lock?

There was a question was asked on another forum. The guy was having problems with other bands using his speaker cabinet at the rehearsal space and damaging it. Of course the obvious answer was to take the speaker cabinet home or remove the fuse. This got me to thinking. Has anyone seen a lock that would work on a 1/4 inch jack?

Not offhand, but a key switch wired into it next to a jack would be simple. And if possible, a SPDT so it can short across the jack while opening the speaker lead, OR... close to the speaker and release the jack short. So not only will they not be able to play through the speaker, it will offer them a short if they try.

Look up "keylock switches" at Mouser or other suppliers. There are thousands of varieties. here is just the first one in SPDT:
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...b%252bEY4yA%3d

Click image for larger version

Name:	y_series_new_SPL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	851568
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Not offhand, but a key switch wired into it next to a jack would be simple. And if possible, a SPDT so it can short across the jack while opening the speaker lead, OR... close to the speaker and release the jack short. So not only will they not be able to play through the speaker, it will offer them a short if they try.
      Ohhhh my, that's diabolical! Drum up some more biz for the local repair guys.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
      X