PAF HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAF HELP?

Hi, can somebody of PAF Winders describe me how to start to wind, give me some tips for beginning and tell me materials for PAF that you are using if this is not secret? I'm interesting of building a couple sets for my guitars of A4 pickups, but I do not know which exactly materials I need use for bobbin, plate, etc.
    I need some links of stores to buy material and for PAF style pickups, what will you recommend me?
    Cheers
    Last edited by big_teee; 09-13-2018, 03:23 PM.

Originally posted by nosrep View Post
    Hi, can somebody of PAF Winders describe me how to start to wind, give me some tips for beginning and tell me materials for PAF that you are using if this is not secret? I'm interesting of building a couple sets for my guitars of A4 pickups, but I do not know which exactly materials I need use for bobbin, plate, etc.
    I need some links of stores to buy material and for PAF style pickups, what will you recommend me?
    Cheers
    Seems that you didn't spend a lot of time looking at the site, as I suggested you... anyway, that's your first clue:

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ll=1#post41895

Have fun!
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

Check out these.
      https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=30228
      https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=34181
      There is tons of winding info on the web.
      Once you start winding on your pickups, you can also ask more specific questions.
      T
      Last edited by big_teee; 09-13-2018, 02:00 PM.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

PAF Type Data

Here's some general PAF type Data, that can get you started.
        Tweak this data to get the sound you're looking for!
        GL
        T
        Attached Files
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

If anyone has any info or help to add, please do!
          Thanks,
          T
          Terry

Comment

The OP never came back!
            Why post for help, if You're not going to read the answers?
            T
            Last edited by big_teee; 09-17-2018, 05:12 PM.
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              The OP never came back!
              Why post for help, if You're not going to read the answers?
              T
              The OP may have read Lt. Kojak's post and found enough homework to keep them busy for a few days. They'll be back when they're ready to assimilate more.
              If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
              If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
              We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
              MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

It was his first and only post.
                I figure he forgot he joined.
                This isn't the first time that has happened here.
                T
                Terry

Comment

Thank you all for posts and infos.
                  Big_teee thank you for datas and link. I checked them out and find a lot of stuff interesting.
                  When some parts and machines arrives I will post more questions here. Now I'm just learning as much as I can and read a lot stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X