No announcement yet.

Problems with uploading attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The following was mentioned yesterday in post #7 in the thread at https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=47496
    Could attachment file size have something to do with the problem?

Originally posted by Reader View Post
    Thank everyone for comments.
    Attach is a picture of the speaker I ask about. The marking on the rim is all I find and is the same on each of the four speakers.
    TIA,
    Bill

PS: I cannot upload a picture. I am using advance setting and the paperclip button and following the prompts. Tried several different types of files without luck. I'll keep trying but maybe I need to be a senior member to upload files?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50641[/ATTACH]
    I made the picture file smaller. 1.2MB would not load but 65kB did.

Comment

I am also having trouble uploading. I'm using edge. I couldn't get a 47kB image to upload. The 'insert image' window comes up, and allows me to select a picture, but when I click 'upload' everything disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
        Thanks, that's interesting. I'm assuming that warning came from your browser; which one are you using, and when did it occur during the attempted upload process?
        I use Chrome. The image size was 245kB. I tried several times (10 or so) but only in one case the message appeared. There are several ways to upload an image to a message. I used mainly the "Manage Attachments" button. But I think you can also use "Insert Picture" and in the User Profile there is an option to upload attachment. I used them all and none was working.
        You may be right that the warning was from my browser but it also means that one of the connections was non-secure. I think it was in the "Manage Attachments" window.

Mark

Comment

I tried uploading with Xp and W7, and with all allowed extensions, but problems with uploading still exist.
          My personal opinion is that the problem with uploading a general nature, and that it does not depend from the search engines, the operating system, or the file extensions.
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Just testing upload...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Kt88_power_tubes_in_traynor_yba200_amplifier.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	851760
            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
              Just testing upload...
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]50676[/ATTACH]
              But is this a new file you've added or one from your previously uploaded files? I can attach anything from my images folder that already exists but I can't upload anything new. I can't ADD files.
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

This one is using the 'insert image' button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	caddycamper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	851761
                Last edited by g1; 10-11-2018, 12:17 AM.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

And a bigger file via 'insert image' (1.2meg)
                  does not upload. (by either method)
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

testies, 1... 2...

Nuthin'. And that was using "insert image" with a 133kb jpeg from my computer.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Just to be sure Chuck, or in case anyone has not used the 'insert image' button before, after you select the file you must click on the words 'upload files' below the 'browse' button.

Comment

I decreased the size of my test JPG file to 32kB and it still does not work, both using "Insert Image" and "Manage Attachments".

Comment

Did click "upload". No joy. What's weird is that some posters aren't having much trouble at all other than file size. So it must be something in the individual computers security measures that isn't playing nice with a new forum format parameter. Being a techno tard that's as far as I can conceptualize it. I may try reducing my security level temporarily and attempt another attachment later if nothing changes. Right now I need to get back to my day job

Comment

I am running an older version of firefox on vista (52.9 ESR), so it is possible I am getting around some new security type glitches.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                              I am running an older version of Firefox on vista (52.9 ESR), so it is possible I am getting around some new security type glitches.
                              I am also running firefox 52.9 ESR. But on Win XP SP3. (The Win XP will not be in use here much longer) I have my security set fairly high. It doesn't save passwords and doesn't open new windows unless I initiate it.
                              I have had minimal problems uploading images in the past but I am starting to be affected by an apparent limitation in upload file size.
                              Last edited by Tom Phillips; 10-10-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                                And a bigger file via 'insert image' (1.2meg)
                                does not upload. (by either method)
                                Same exact result for me. So we both CAN upload a 280kb sized jpeg image. I tried uploading a 1.3mb jpeg and it does nothing either.

Edit: I am running Firefox Quantum 62.0.3 on Linux Mint.
                                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
                                X