No announcement yet.

Problems with uploading attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the single pixel. It must have been uploaded before.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      ...It's uploading images from my pooter that won't work. I never had to use an image hosting site before. If this doesn't resolve I may need to look into it I guess...
      I hope it doesn't come to that. It would be a real shame if posters keep using 3rd party image sites.When the image sites disappear or the user cancels their account then the images in the thread are gone and the historical usefulness of the effort that went into the postings is diminished or nullified. Other issues are the hosting sites that require registration, block downloading or reduce resolution. The MEF feature that allows attachments to be available within the post is really a great feature when it is working.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
        I get the single pixel. It must have been uploaded before.
        Thanks, fixed and edited.
        So pdf attachment is working for me at least. Not sure file size limit, I think it used to be 4meg?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Not sure file size limit, I think it used to be 4meg?
          I raised the limits on most file types recently; PDF is 8MB. If anyone needs to upload bigger stuff, let me know and I'll consider raising them again.
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
            The fact that an individual member "works" upload is not a solution, should "work" for all members.
            I'll keep after these problems until they're fixed for everyone, but for the moment I've run out of clues to persue.
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

When I tried adding and image from URL (with checked option: Retrive reference file ....), I got this error:
              <br /><b>Fatal User Error</b>:
              <ul><li>File system directory "/path/fo/mef/member/attachments/4/5/0/1" is not writable or cannot be found.
              Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting.
              </ul>Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class <strong>vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata</strong>
              in <strong>..../includes/class_dm.php</strong> on line <strong>843</strong><br />

Can you check it?
              I also found out that I use 35MB for my attachments. Is there a limit for summary attachment size?

Mark
              Last edited by Boss; 10-14-2018, 03:12 AM. Reason: obscured internal system path

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
                Can you check it?

OK, try it now.

Is there a limit for summary attachment size?

No.
                -tb

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	skatedog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	851806

It's working! Thanks!

Comment

Testing, one.. two...

Bingo!

Way to go tboy!
                    Attached Files
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Yes, it works now. Was it really that simple like file folders without write permissions ?

Mark

Comment

I just upload pdf attachment and upload now works.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/showthread.php?t=46980&p=510674&viewfull=1#post510674

Many thanks to administrators and moderators for kindness and patience to enable us to full communication with the forum.

vk
                        It's All Over Now

Comment

Was it really that simple like file folders without write permissions?
                          Pretty much, yes. Once I knew where to look it was an easy fix.
                          -tb

Comment

Great. Now I'm waiting for the magical words .
                            I could also help you with the problem of the attachment names that is some cases need to be changed before the upload. It seems like an easy task and working with databases is something that I do more frequently than working with Web applications and folder permissions.
                            But maybe you could contact me in the other thread (not in the Schematic Request sub-forum), or even directly via e-mail.

Mark

Comment

Thank you, Mark. Your error report led directly to the solution of the problem. and probably made me sleep better.
                              -tb

Comment

It's great that we finally solved it. The problem was very painful. Would you like to solve the other problem with attachments?

PS: there is yet one more problem with the forum: when I log in, I get a message: the Web site is not working - to many redirections. This is most probably by some redirections in the header of the page - there is a big chance that it is caused by Google Analytics. After a second the page displays correctly. I cannot help you with this one but I think this is a common problem and should be described on the net.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X