No announcement yet.

Problems with uploading attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure about Linux, but in Windows, you right click on the app (Chrome in this case), and there is an option "Run as administrator". Insert Image is just the little picture of a picture in the reply box.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I might have fixed it...

Here's a picture I took while out for a walk a few days ago:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SunFlower.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	851772

It's a 2.48 MB file, so that probably takes care of the size limit issue. As to the inconsistent upload results for different members, and the possible insecure connection somewhere in the process, the mystery continues.
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

How do you guys attach just the picture without the attach thumbnail part?
        What am I missing?
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          Here it is on Firefox Quantum 62.0.3 (64 bit)
          Ubuntu Linux 18.04.
          T
          But that's just re-attached. I can do that. I am unable to upload NEW images directly from my computer.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            But that's just re-attached. I can do that. I am unable to upload NEW images directly from my computer.
            Ok, I guess I can't either.
            T
            **Edit, I gett it now!
            Last edited by big_teee; 10-11-2018, 04:47 AM.
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              How do you guys attach just the picture without the attach thumbnail part?
              What am I missing?
              T
              I'm not positive what your asking, T. When you open the reply box, there's a row of options at the top. Hover over the one that looks like a picture and it will say "Insert Image". Just click it and choose whether from Computer or from URL. If from computer, click the upload file(s). Click OK. Is that what you meant?

Comment

Might this be an issue with Java script or a security issue with Java? Is not the dialog box for uploads Java?

Comment

OK, I was adding as an attachment.
                  I get it now!
                  Thanks,

My backyard Test!

Name:	08280121.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	851773
                  Terry

Comment

Picture of a fuse?

Name:	aaaa thermal fuse.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	851774
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

For me "Manage Attachments" still does not work. Maybe it's time to contact vBulletin?
                      There are some threads on their forum related to this problem: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-via-vbulletin

Mark

Comment

Testing the file Manager

This is another > 1MB file upload test, this time using the File Manager.
                        Attached Files
                        -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

A comment that always appears after an unsuccessful download

The following errors occurred:
                          This asset is not currently used by any content that you have access to.
                          The fact that an individual member "works" upload is not a solution, should "work" for all members.

Try uploading some pdf file to the forum to check does "work" pdf upload.
                          It's All Over Now

Comment

testing... Is this f#@&ing thing on?.. One... two...

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

No trouble linking images from a URL. As you can see above. I just copied and pasted using the insert image icon. It's uploading images from my pooter that won't work. I never had to use an image hosting site before. If this doesn't resolve I may need to look into it I guess. Maybe there's something in the new format parameters that will only allow site hosted images? Assuming everyone is on freeking *interest or *acebook and so, designed for tracking activities? I just want to draw schematics and circuits and them show them to other members as needed. Really not interested in having to be witnessed by a tracker on what I post.

Comment

pdf test
                                (this file 2.4meg and took over a minute to upload)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by g1; 10-11-2018, 08:12 PM.
                                Originally posted by Enzo
                                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                                X