Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the rare Fender Super Twin schematic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the rare Fender Super Twin schematic...

Hi!

I'm looking for the Fender Super Twin schematic - the rare one with the inductor in the distortion circuit. I can only find the earlier one with out the inductor...

If anyone has a copy, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Can you link to the schematic that you did find?

Comment

https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/the...-Schematic.pdf

Comment

There's an inductor down below the V3A section on this one:
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Not sure if I have all of the rare ones but all three schematics that I have show the inductor below the V3A section as well as inductors in the tone circuit.

That is why I had asked the OP to post or link the one that he has.

Comment

Hi Guys,
            I have the same version, Fender drawing Number 013606, in my files and that is the only version I have. If anyone has other variants of the "Super Twin" / "Super Twin Reverb" I would much appreciate it if they would add them to this thread.
            Thanks,
            Tom

Edit: I see that post #3 from the OP showed up after posts 4 & 5. Must have been delayed in the process but retained the time line tag. The schematic attached in post #3 is the generic CBS "180 Watt Guitar Amp" circuit but the file title says "Fender-Super-Twin-180W-Schematic.pdf"
            That added some confusion.
            Last edited by Tom Phillips; 09-17-2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Here is 015870: Super Twin Reverb Schematic 015870.pdf

Comment

I don't have my copy handy, but IIRC (which I may not) the 1972 edition of the Jack Darr book has a Super Twin (non-Reverb) in it. If anyone can peruse a scan... That book also had a transitional Bassman 50 schem I used once too.

Justin
                "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

I do not have the reverb version, though my topology is similar to the reverb version with reverb sections removed, it uses different tubes.

Comment

Sorry everyone, but the "Super Twin" is actually a different amp from the "Super Twin Reverb"

I am looking for the "Super Twin" schematic which has the inductor in the distortion circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
                      I don't have my copy handy, but IIRC (which I may not) the 1972 edition of the Jack Darr book has a Super Twin (non-Reverb) in it. If anyone can peruse a scan... That book also had a transitional Bassman 50 schem I used once too.

Justin
                      Is this the one Justin??
                      Attached Files
                      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

That looks pretty close. Thanks!

Comment

The amp that I have looks like it has 2 diodes in the distortion circuit though... So 7 diodes in total (4 for the bridge rectifier, 1 for the bias supply, and 2 in the distortion circuit).

Comment

Working...
                          X