Marshall parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall parts

You may remember a Marshall 6100LM Anniversary 100 watt head I was complaining about what a bear it is to get under the board. Well, I've pulled it twice now, and need to do it again. Once to replace an arcing socket, again because I put a tube in wrong and blew screen resistors, and now because the series/parallel FX loop switch is toast, and the signal won't pass reliably without it. I don't know if I did it squeezing the board in and out, or if it was like that, but I am going to have to replace it.

Problem is, I don't find a source or any information about it. I see one on this site https://www.amprepairparts.com/marshallswitches.htm
    as SW-212, but it doesn't look exactly like what is in the amp. There are 12 of these switches so it shouldn't be difficult determine which part number will work. My broken switch is SW201.

Anyone have an idea how to source this? I know Marshall won't help me.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

What's different about it? If it's the simple Marshall push button switch and it has 6 legs, it should work. They may be getting them from a different supplier now.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Maybe upload a picture of your switch?
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Here is what I have. I can't actually tell how many legs it has without pulling the board, and given how difficult and time consuming that is, I'd really rather not. (Actually not to bad to pull it, but's it's a slog to put it back together).
        Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	851599
        I went ahead and ordered a couple, it's the only way I am going to really know I suppose.
        It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Working...
        X