Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey valveking MH20 raising volume problem

Hi everyone!

Well, any of you amp gurus could help me to identify the problem why when i raise the volume the amp looses definition? at lower volumes the amp has definiton, the bass responce is tight, as soon i pass the volume from 1, the amp starts to loose definiton, the bass responce gets flubby.

What could be the problem here?any clues where to start looking for the problem?

ValveKing2_20MH.pdf

Cīmon someone must now where to start to look at.

Originally posted by Rod View Post
    Hi everyone!

Well, any of you amp gurus could help me to identify the problem why when i raise the volume the amp looses definition? at lower volumes the amp has definiton, the bass responce is tight, as soon i pass the volume from 1, the amp starts to loose definiton, the bass responce gets flubby.

What could be the problem here?any clues where to start looking for the problem?

[ATTACH]50467[/ATTACH]

Comment

My guess it know one knows what 'loses definition' or 'flubby' means in terms of measurable things like frequency response or linearity. To me it means the high mids and treble might be missing. A torn cone on a speaker can give a 'flubby' kind of sound to me.

What test gear do you have?
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Hi Nickb!

Well basically my complain is that when i raise the volume after 1, the amp losses the tight bass responce, and definition.

It can be that somehow the bass frequencys raises with the volume or that the amp losses treble is this what mean?

Comment

Clean, dirty? How about an clear mp3 or video showing the problem?
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Is this the amp you were doing NFB/presence circuit mods on?
            Has it been returned to stock condition?

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=46695
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X