Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic Chorus 212 (90's): Need Pot Values

Hi, all.

I picked up one of these beasts and need to sort out a few issues. I can't locate a schematic, so replacing a few pots will be pretty difficult. Can anyone weigh in? Also, having never serviced one of these, can anyone comment on best practices for removing the circuit board from the chassis? I've serviced a few ADAs, JMP-1s, and other PCB based platforms, so I'm not expecting brain surgery. Any potential pitfalls to look out for with these older Peaveys?

TIA
    ~F
    "Ruining good moments since 1975"

Here is the schematic: peavey_classic_chorus_212_sch.pdf

If you do need any parts, CALL Peavey direct.

Comment

JPB, that was incredibly cool of you. I used to hang out here back when this place was the old, "Ampage.org"!
      ~F

Comment

I remember you.

If that is not the right version, just contact customer service at Peavey, they will send any schematic. The schematic Jazz posted is just a schematic, but the factory file includes a parts number list. But look on the layout drawing, the part numbers are right next to each pot.

PV usually stocks the pots, but be aware the number may have changed, this series is like 711905xx. They likely don't have those, but 311905xx is the same thing and they might have them.

Also, some of us still have stock on old pots.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Likewise, Enzo - I remember you, as well. I was able to order the pots and jack I needed using the #s on the layout. You wouldn't happen to have 13 of the old grey knobs would you? The PO replaced them with a hodge-podge of knobs; no two are alike. Any pointers about removing the main board in this thing? I'm hoping it's not a folded board like the C30. Yikes.
          ~F

Comment

I have boxes of PV knobs, but I think they are the multicolor ones from a couple years older.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ha, you must be the PO! Cheers!
              ~F

Comment

Wow. Very simple and intuitive disassembly. Found cold solder joints on both high and low gain inputs, explaining the intermittent connections. The pots will be easy to replace, as well.

Will be cleaning and adding new thermal compound to all heat sinks. Nice to see all ICs are socketed.

This one is made in 1990. This puts this amp at the precise timeframe I played on the same model back then. I love a good love story. Nostalgia got me again.
                ~F

Comment

I need just a bit more help. The schematic listed doesn't include the "body" potentiometer value for the led channel. I need that value and if anyone has a pair of those grey push button tips or the stacked bright/channel switch, I'll buy em from you.
                  ~F

Comment

Nevermind. I’m all set. Huge shout out to Shannon at Peavey Parts Dept.
                    ~F

Comment

Yeah.

Peavey Support is unparalleled.

Comment

Working...
                      X