G/K 800RB bass head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G/K 800RB bass head

Hello everybody..I have this for repair and there is one resistor on the power amp board that is burnt up.....it is at location R12.....but I don't have any schematics...only a board layout with no values...just component designations.....anybody here have a power amp schematic for this??
    Cheers,

I just tried to upload the 800RB service manual, upload isn't working. Meanwhile, R12 is a 3.3k resistor
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Of just call GK and ask them for it.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Here's a link to that service manual. R12 is in the 'high' amp and in series with the bias trimmer. For it to burn there must also be other associated parts bad.
        https://music-electronics-forum.com/...9&d=1509150768
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Of just call GK and ask them for it.
          Actually Up here in Canada Yorkville Sound is the agent.....I did not know that before......
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
            Here's a link to that service manual. R12 is in the 'high' amp and in series with the bias trimmer. For it to burn there must also be other associated parts bad.
            https://music-electronics-forum.com/...9&d=1509150768
            Yes there was.....two output transistors, two drivers, one MPAS56 (if memory serves me correct) a 470ohm resistor, a 22 ohm resistor.....and I am not sure about the bias pot.....I have 3.3k resistors here.....but not the bias pot......Maybe I should change that while I am at it......
            Cheers

Comment

Time for an update.....I changed the bias pot after.....it checked good but I decided to replace it anyway....just in case.......and all the damaged parts...works great now......
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X