Started project with Vai's engineer - first track finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started project with Vai's engineer - first track finished

Steve's engineer for the past decade got his hands on some of my self-produced/engineered tracks and did a MUCH better job of mixing/mastering than I did, myself. Here's the first track of the project; there are about 6 more behind it. I'm in no way affiliated with any artists/labels - I'm not a guitar virtuoso and I do not play or write anywhere near Steve's level. It's just not what I am capable of or want to strive for. I was fortunate enough to have this cat find my music while he was decompressing from a year long project with Steve. He told me he needed something straight forward to work on, bc being in the studio with Steve for 12 months is insane; the sorts of things Steve has him do is bizarre lol. I guess this project serves as an auditory palate cleanser.

https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo/...earth-mastered
    ~F
    "Ruining good moments since 1975"

Sounds good.

Comment

Surprised this didn't get more responses. I must have overlooked it somehow. Nice mix and a good version of that uber saturated guitar tone. I like it.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Chuck thank you brother!
        ~F

Comment

Liked this one too:
          https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo/racerx
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thank you! Forgot about that one.
            ~F

Comment

I missed this too. A clear crispness to the guitar which I like. It's neat when a member here gets to work with someone from the inner-circle.

Comment

Thank you, Mick. I feel like I have a souvenir in hand. Something to punctuate 2019. Really grateful to have had the opportunity.
                ~F

Comment

Originally posted by fdesalvo View Post
                  ...I'm not a guitar virtuoso and I do not play or write anywhere near Steve's level. It's just not what I am capable of or want to strive for...https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo/...earth-mastered
                  Sounds Good ! all your stuff does. Your work speaks for itself.

It's generally not good to brag and have a big head, but you are good enough that you should feel some level of pride, and don't sell yourself too short, as that is another thing that can hold you back a bit.

Think it, be it.

Best of luck, and keep up the good work, You play and write good music !
                  " Things change, not always for the better. " - Leo_Gnardo

Comment

Harold, thank you for the kind words and advice. Words to live by!
                    ~F

Comment

Working...
                    X