Where do you buy replacement casters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy replacement casters?

Where is a good place to replacement caster wheels? I am not talking about the pop-out casters, though if you have a good place to buy them, I am listening. I have a few fixed swivel casters that need new wheels. The wheels have bolt (as opposed to rivetted) axels so the replacement should be easy. Thanks.

I will probably just buy whole new caster units if I can't find a cheap place for wheels.

Other than for large industrial equipment, I have never seen replacement caster wheels.

Harbor Freight has a selection of casters. I suspect Home Depot/Lowes/Menards do as well, though I didn't look. WW Grainger would if you have one nearby.

And slap my face and call me a liar, Grainger does sell caster wheels loose. As well as tones of complete casters.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've finally used up my stash of used casters acquired at the TRW Radio Amateurs Technical Swap meet that happened the last Saturday of every month in Redondo Beach...in the days before ebay. I must have picked up 10-15 sets, different sizes but all rugged industrial types, usually $5-$20 per set, depending on size/quality. I haven't been to any swap meet in years now, but if any are in your neck of the woods, worth a look. I'd imagine there are industrial surplus stores up in Seatle that you might check as well. I've bought from those stores as well when they were still here....Industrial Liquidators, Apex, C & H Sales, Joe Factor Sales, etc. They're pricey brand new, and buying on line, shpg cost...ughh! I haven't checked Harbor Freight...one of their stores is local to me.
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Get that stuff local at an hardware store .
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Local stores, the few we have around my area, blew up in price the past few years for small stuff. Antique Electronic Supply has a bunch of casters, not cheap, but might have what you want. If you can get your order over 100.00, you won't get clipped for shipping.
          The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Uline has a bunch, also not cheap. Haven't seen the shipping rates tho. (I'll need a few gin and tonics to look at shipping rates these days)

https://www.uline.com/BL_1887/Standard-Casters
            The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

FUGEDABOUDIT. 32.00 for parts, over 16.00 for shipping. WTF.

Comment

Working...
              X